Infertility

Just for fun NIFR poll!

Hi gals! Thought I'd pep things up with a poll!

Are you watching the Olympics?

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated? 

Have you ever been to London?

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games?

What is your favorite sport to watch and why?

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better?

What country are you cheering on besides USA? 

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? 

dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
  • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
  • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
  • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

Re: Just for fun NIFR poll!

• imagePennyLane26:

Are you watching the Olympics? yes! 

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated? I love the Olympics - both winter and Summer

Have you ever been to London? Yes - AWESOME place. Can't wait to go back

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games? Its on my bucket list! 

What is your favorite sport to watch and why? I can't pick a favorite, but I love track, swimming, diving, and gymnastics 

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better? I like Winter better because I used to figure skate

What country are you cheering on besides USA? GB 

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Olympics:Brendan Hansen, he's from my town. I also love Gabby the gymnast's smile! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes

I like the tradition.

Never been to London, would like to go someday

No, but would love to go to Winter games

Love gymnastics, was my little girl dream to be a gymnast!

Canada, grew up there

Gabby Douglas 

Me 38, DB 38. Unexplained infertility. TTC 3 years. 3 failed IUI's. IVF #1 5-20. 3 embies transferred day 3. First beta 5-31. BFN. IVF#2 ER 7-31. 3 embies transferred day 3. Beta 1=144. beta #2=527. beta#3 3027. US: 1 perfect heartbeat at 156!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePennyLane26:

Are you watching the Olympics? A little here and there.

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated?   I like the tradition.

Have you ever been to London?  Nope, but it's on my list.

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games? No, I've lead a sheltered life.

What is your favorite sport to watch and why?  Gymnastics, those are amazing young ladies.  

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better? Winter.  I love ice skating. 

What country are you cheering on besides USA? Hungary, it's my heritage.

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? No.

36 DH 33 TTC for over 3 years
    First mini-IVF Sept 2011... Only 1 egg! ... BFN
    Switching RE
    IVF#2 May 2012 9 eggs and only 2 sperm, WTH!
    BFN
    IVF #3 March 2013~Tesa with back-up Donor Sperm,Tesa, unsuccessful used DS~ Chemical :(   

Switching RE's within practice

2 frosties waiting for us, November 2013!!!!!   Transferred 2 "average" blasts 11/20/2013
    BFP!!!!!!!  Boy/Girl Twins!!!!!! Due 08/08/2014

My Blog

*~God gives his hardest battles to his toughest solders. Unknown.
  • kyna81kyna81 member
    Are you watching the Olympics? Yes

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated? I like the tradition and cheering on competitors.

Have you ever been to London? Nope

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games? Nope

What is your favorite sport to watch and why? Gymnastics and swimming

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better?  I like both.  Winter has some cool events like curling and ice skating!

What country are you cheering on besides USA? I've only cheered for the USA so far.

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? There are lots (37) of Olympians from the University of Florida (where I live).  I'm cheering for all of them.  Locte is one of them.  I've seen him around town before. 

• ksfryeksfrye member

Are you watching the Olympics?  Yes, I'm addicted.  Trying to keep my mind off of IF during my 2ww.

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated?  I like the tradition.

Have you ever been to London?  No...someday hopefully

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games?  No

What is your favorite sport to watch and why?  Women's Gymnastics and Sand Volleyball

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better?  Summer!!

What country are you cheering on besides USA?  None, GO USA!

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games?  Gabby Douglas...she's so cute!!

Happily married Since May 2008. TTC#1 Since May 2010.
    Me: 29, Mild DOR
    DH: 31, SE mostly normal, 1st SE morph 5%, 2nd SE morph 15%...yeah!.
    BFP July 2011, Natural MC August 2011.
    3 cycles of 50mg Clomid = BFN
    *New RE* Feb/Mar 2012 100 mg Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    *3rd RE* April-June -Break Cycles begin prep for IVF by doing 2 Heparin injects daily....fun fun!
    IVF #1 - ER 7/19, ET 7/24, 2 beautiful embies transferred. Beta 8/2 = BFN
    *New RE...yes again* FET Nov 2012 with our lone ranger = BFFN
    RE Suggests Trying IUI Again, Jan. 2013 IUI #2 =BFN
    Feb. 2013 IUI #3 = BFP!!!, Beta #1 (15dpIUI) = 90, Beta #2 (17dpIUI) = 210, U/S Scheduled for 3/18
  • imagePennyLane26:

Are you watching the Olympics? Yes

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated?  I think it's great!

Have you ever been to London? Yes, but only for a 16 hour layover, but we did get out and walk around and see some sights!

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games? No

What is your favorite sport to watch and why? Toss up between beach volleyball and indoor volleyball

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better? I think Summer but not by much. 

What country are you cheering on besides USA? I don't really have anyone else.

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? I'm always a big fan of the May/Walsh team!

• imagePennyLane26:

Are you watching the Olympics? You bet. This is our first DVR Olympic

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated? Love it! 

Have you ever been to London? sadly, no

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games? no

What is your favorite sport to watch and why? usually gymnastics, but it depends on my mood. Sometimes, the quirkier the better

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better? Summer, hands down

What country are you cheering on besides USA? Any country I know someone from. I work with alot of foreign nationals.

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? not particularly

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Are you watching the Olympics? yes, as I typeDo you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated? I really enjoy themHave you ever been to London? nopeHave you ever been to an Olympic Games? nopeWhat is your favorite sport to watch and why? love swimming...I used to be a swimmer.  Also like the diving and gymnasticsDo you like the summer or winter olympics better? def summerWhat country are you cheering on besides USA? haven't cheered for anyone besides USADo you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? Lochte and Biesel (she's from RI), also love Gabby bc I think she's adorable
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011; DX: MFI
    IVF #1 in August 2012: BFP!
    L was born on May 5, 2013, 8lb. 6oz.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Our Project Make A Baby

• imagePennyLane26:

Are you watching the Olympics? Somewhat

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated?  I like it except that I don't think professional athletes should compete (i.e. NBA or NHL players)

Have you ever been to London? No, but I want to

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games?  Yes, DH and I went to winter Olympics in Vancouver and may go to Sochi, Russia for the next ones.

What is your favorite sport to watch and why? Swimming because I like to swim 

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better? Winter, I love hockey

What country are you cheering on besides USA?  Female athletes from oppressive countries such as Iran/Iraq but no one in particular

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? Not really

Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
  • Are you watching the Olympics? Yup

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated? Only thing I don't like is seeing the proffesional athletes like the lakers players perticipating.

Have you ever been to London? Yup, lost count of how many times.

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games? No

What is your favorite sport to watch and why? Cycling cause it fast & furious

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better? Summer for sure

What country are you cheering on besides USA? Ireland cause that's where I am from :-)

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? Nope

• imagePennyLane26:

Are you watching the Olympics? I'm watching tonight trying to catch up whenever I can

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated? I like it :)

Have you ever been to London? I've never been out of the US :(

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games? Nope

What is your favorite sport to watch and why? I like a lot of them, I don't think I can pick a favorite. Gymnastics and swimming are definitely at the top.

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better? Hmm, I would say summer

What country are you cheering on besides USA? I'm not really cheering for anyone in particular I just enjoy watching everyone

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? Not yet :)

image image
    TTC Dec 2010 - DX MFI Aug 2011 - CD3/7DPO labs good - HSG all clear
    IUI #1 1/13 = BFN
    IUI #2 = BFN
    IUI #3 + Clomid = BFN
    IUI #4 + Clomid = BFFN
    IUI #5 + Clomid = BFN
    IUI #6 + Clomid = BFN
    IVF coming soon
  • imagePennyLane26:

Are you watching the Olympics? I don't think we've had anything else on in our house for the last 3 days!

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated?  I like the tradition but sometimes it gets old.

Have you ever been to London? Nope!

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games? Nope! I wanted to go to the Whistler winter Olympics. 

What is your favorite sport to watch and why? I like watching tennis, gymnastics and swimming. Mostly because I've played those sports before.

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better? I like winter better.

What country are you cheering on besides USA? Great Britain just since its on their home turf.

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? Nope, not really. 

My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
    TTC since Oct '09
    Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
    Began our IF journey in May '11
    Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
    IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
    IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
    Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
    Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
    4-week NICU stay, home 9/3
  • Are you watching the Olympics? Yes, because DH is obsessed

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated?  I like the tradition, but I probably would not be watching if not for H

Have you ever been to London? No, but I want to. H has been.

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games? No, but H went to Atlanta... should have had him answer this poll! (He is much more worldly than me, LOL) I would not pass up the chance to go though. I think most sports are more fun to watch in person.

What is your favorite sport to watch and why? Swimming, I used to swim on my neighborhood swim team... backstroke!

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better? No preference

What country are you cheering on besides USA? None, really

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? No, I don't pay close enough attention :)

Me: 30, DH: 30
    ~*~Married 8/31/08~*~

DX: MFI due to Chemo/Stem Cell Transplant for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. RE said IVF is best option with DH's frozen boys.
    IVF #1 April 2012: Menopur and Bravelle; 1 egg retrieved, 0 fertilized. Boo.
    IVF #2 August 2012: Gonal-F 300, Menopur 300. Beta #1 9/6: 382... BFPx2!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our boys couldn't wait to meet us! Colin and Kieran arrived March 26, 2013 at 33w1d.

• Are you watching the Olympics? Selectively

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated? I like it

Have you ever been to London? Nope...never crossed the pond :)

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games? Also no

What is your favorite sport to watch and why? Gymnastics! It's always been my favorite.  I also like diving

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better? Summer because I like the events better

What country are you cheering on besides USA? I'm a patriot...only rooting for USA

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? Denell Leyva on the male gymnastics team

Married 2007
    3 Clomid IUIs -- BFNs
    IVF #1 never made it to transfer
    On "egg health" cocktail DHEA/CoQ10/FRC/Pregnitude/Melatonin
    Starting IVF #2 for Feb 2013
    Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix
    Cancelled mid-cycle due to high P4 levels early on.
    OCPs again for IVF 2.5 mid-March. IVF 2.5 transferred two "gorgeous" 5-day blasts and BFFN. Even REI is baffled
    On indefinite hold until a huge stroke of serendipity led me to IVF 3 May 2014
    Testing found positive cardiolipins/APS, now on lovenox and intralipid infusions
    Transfer of 2 5-day blasts and (FINALLY) BFFP!! 1st ultrasound shows two sacs and two HB, but one is sluggish, almost expecting vanishing twin Subsequent ultrasound confirmed vanishing twin, but my other Little critter looks fantastic!
    "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
    -- Margaret Thatcher

• Are you watching the Olympics? Nah, not really.

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated? No, I just don't really care that much.

Have you ever been to London? I am very lucky to have been to London three times.

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games? Nope.

What is your favorite sport to watch and why? I guess gymnastics and figure skating because they are really impressive to watch and you don't have to be an expert to see how one athlete is better than another.

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better? Winter, I guess.

What country are you cheering on besides USA? I always like to see tiny countries and underdogs do well. Especially the countries that only have 1-5 athletes on the whole team.

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? No. I have never really been on the Ph.elps/L.ochte train, although there is another swimmer on the team from my hometown and we went to high school together.

imageimageimage

TTC since March 2009 // Me and DH - 28
    Testing Summer/Fall 2010 - Unexplained IF
    IUIs #1-4 ~ Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IUI #5 ~ Femara/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ BFN
    IUIs #6-9 ~ Research Study Meds/Pregnyl/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IVF Consultation, More Testing
    Diagnostic Cycle ~ Mucinex/Progesterone/TI ~ BFN
    IVF #1 ~ Menopur/Bravelle/Ganirelix/Novarel/Progesterone/Lupron
    7R, 6F // 2 transferred // 3 frosties ~ BFN
    FET #1 ~ Estrace/PIO/Lupron
    3 thawed // 2 transferred // 1 lost // no more frosties ~ BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 456 // Beta #2 - 1176 // Beta #3 - 2933 // Beta #4 - 6753
    EDD: May 16, 2013
    Threatened MC at 6w2d
    Bedrest for SCH // 6w2d through 10w1d
    Elevated TSH and Lazy Thyroid DX @ 10w - Started Synthroid
    Finally released from RE at 13w
    Charles Everett ~ Born 5/20/2013

~~ My IF Blog ~~ 

• Are you watching the Olympics? Yes!

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated? Love it. Been watching since I was little with my family.

Have you ever been to London? Not yet. I will one day!

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games? No. I was invited to play (musically, not a sport) at Vancouver, but had other commitments.

What is your favorite sport to watch and why? Gymnastics. I competed as a kid and have always loved watching it!

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better? Tough call. There are so many great sports to watch in both.

What country are you cheering on besides USA? Since I'm Canadian, I'll say that other than Canada, I cheer for everyone. I love seeing even those bringing up the rear trying their hardest and having their moment to shine! They've worked hard to get there too, and even though they might not be a star, they're just as deserving as those who win gold.

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? Can't answer that yet, since it's not over ;)

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Ms H13Ms H13 member
    imagePennyLane26:

Are you watching the Olympics?  Yes!

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated?  I love it.

Have you ever been to London?  No

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games?  No, but it's on my bucket list.

What is your favorite sport to watch and why?  Gymnastics all the way, I'm a huge fan and also a judge.

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better?  Summer

What country are you cheering on besides USA?  I cheer for all the athletes, regardless of where they are from.

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games?  Gabby Douglas, she just has an infectious smile and winning personality!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Are you watching the Olympics?

Do you like the tradition? YES, I love the Olympics! Do you think it is overrated? Nope

Have you ever been to London? No, but we may be going in April. Sooo excited!

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games? No, but I skied the Olympic downhill run at Lake Placid.

What is your favorite sport to watch and why? It's a toss up between diving and swimming, both are amazing to watch!

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better? I prefer winter.

What country are you cheering on besides USA? Great Britain

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games? I love Missy Franklin, she's so grown up for a 17-year old, but then she's such a fun kid sometimes too!

SAIF/PAIF absolutely ALWAYS welcome to respond!
  • EnndeaEnndea member

Are you watching the Olympics? Off and on.  Hard to compete with the drama of "Bachelor Pad" so it depends on the event. 

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated?   LOVE the tradition.  Growing up I lived in Colorado Springs and worked in the gift shop at the Olympic Training Center.  I ate lunch every day with people like Bonnie Blair, Shannon Miller, etc.  I feel very personally connected to the Olympics based on my experiences there. 

Have you ever been to London?  Yes, about 10 years ago.  Loved it.

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games?  No.  But my Dad has been to 4 of them (Los Angeles, Seoul, Barcelona and Atlanta).  He used to be a coach for the Olympic Cycling team (how I got my gig at the gift shop) and I have one of the torches from the 1984 Olympics hanging on my wall (my Dad won it among all the coaches in a lottery). 

What is your favorite sport to watch and why?  In the summer, Gymnastics.  I'm just amazed by their abilities.  

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better?  Summer.

What country are you cheering on besides USA?  I loved the Independent Olympic Athletes entrance in the parade of nations--hard not to route for them!

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games?  Gabby Douglas.  She trains in West Des Moines, Iowa which is where I live now.  And LoLo Jones--also from Des Moines.  Have to cheer for the local people!

TTC #1 since 2/2011. Me: Age 36. Stage III Endo and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.
    IUI #1 March: BFN, IUI #2 April: BFN.
    IVF #1: Started stims 7/30--CANCELLED.
    IVF #1.2: Stims start 10/8/12, ER: 10/20/12; 11R/8M/4F, 5DT: 10/25/12, transfer of a 4AA and 3AB Blast. BFP on HPT 10/31/12; Beta #1: (16 DPO) 954! Beta #2: (18 DPO) 1968! First U/S: TWINS!! A/S: TWO BOYS! EDD: 7/13/13
    PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image image
  • Are you watching the Olympics?  You bet!

Do you like the tradition? Do you think it is overrated?  I like the Olympics a lot; I just wish I could avoid the spoilers on the internet and news.

Have you ever been to London?  No, but someday.

Have you ever been to an Olympic Games?  Yes, I went to some in 1996 in Atlanta.

What is your favorite sport to watch and why?  I love the diving best.  I think it's because it's something I would never have the courage to do.

Do you like the summer or winter olympics better?  I like more of the summer sports.

What country are you cheering on besides USA? No one, really, but I'll cheer for anyone to do well.

Do you have a favorite Olympian from the 2012 Games?  Nope.

My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

This discussion has been closed.