2nd Trimester

QUESTIONSSS!?

I have an appointment next monday for my A/S followed by a visit with my doctor. I will be 22 weeks and obviously new to this all and wondering what should I be asking at this point in my pregnancy. I just seem to have no clue what to ask. My pregnancy has been amazing and no complications have came about. So any input on what I need to ask my OB would be really helpful. Thanks ahead of time.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers] BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker image

Re: QUESTIONSSS!?

• Lol. I just feel so dumb because every appoinment I never ask questions its an easy in out thing. I just felt like I was supposed to be asking questions but nothing has gone wrong for me to have any questions. The only thing I could think of is when am I supposed to register with the hospital and take a tour. I do know the following appointment will be my glucose test.

Thanks for reassuring me though that it is ok for me to not have questions. I didnt know if that was normal or not. lol.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers] BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker image
  • It's okay not to have any questions, just consider yourself lucky!  If there's nothing glaring at you, then there's nothing to ask.  If you think of something, do write it down, though because it's inevitable that once you get in there you will forget...pregnancy brain can be terrible, lol.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • One thing that is coming up soon will be your glucose test (I think I got mine at 24-26 weeks last time). You may want to ask your doctor if you need to fast or restrict the types of food you eat before you take the test.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageallierhiana1:
    If you don't have any questions to ask, thats ok.  You don't have to have a list of questions out to read off at every appointment.  If you are curious about something, ask.  If not, then no worries.

This. I rarely ask questions. I don't feel like I "should" be though either. I look things up on my own or see things here that answer my questions.

Cooper Edward

• i AM IN THE SAME BOAT... 25 WEEKS NOW... EAsy peasy pregnancy so there have been no situations that have come up that I am unsure about.... got swollen feet ONCE and just drank more water....

I am registering online with the  hospital this week.... looking into classes.....

If you have a birth plan or an idea of how you want/expect delivery to go, maybe you can make sure your doc is on board with your requests/plans (i.e. I asked mine if I can go skin to skin immediately to try to BF and whats the longest that i can go before they need to clean the baby .....  also asked if I can request to delay the cord cutting )  Good to know early if maybe you have a doc that might not be on the same page?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagetaylor&derrick:

Lol. I just feel so dumb because every appoinment I never ask questions its an easy in out thing. I just felt like I was supposed to be asking questions but nothing has gone wrong for me to have any questions. The only thing I could think of is when am I supposed to register with the hospital and take a tour. I do know the following appointment will be my glucose test.

Thanks for reassuring me though that it is ok for me to not have questions. I didnt know if that was normal or not. lol.

My appointments are usually like yours.  Like you, I have been very fortunate thus far and have had a completely complication free pregnancy.  I also keep up on the bump a lot, which answers a lot of my FTM questions.  If anything comes up, I will ask but I am not going to waste my time and my doctors by making up questions just to have something to ask so I feel better.  ;)  I think you are just fine.  :) 

Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageallierhiana1:
    If you don't have any questions to ask, thats ok.  You don't have to have a list of questions out to read off at every appointment.  If you are curious about something, ask.  If not, then no worries.

this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMegroons:

imageallierhiana1:

This. I rarely ask questions. I don't feel like I "should" be though either. I look things up on my own or see things here that answer my questions.

Same here at almost 25 weeks! The only thing I have really asked about is if my doctor recommended any pediatricians (she did, gave me a list to call to see if they are taking new patients) and if she recommends any birthing classes (told me which class is affiliated with the hospital I'll be delivering at, then I signed up when I got home). I also just scheduled my glucose test for 27.5 weeks. Everything else I just look up in my pregnancy week-by-week guide, online, or on TB.

My doctor is really good about telling me what to worry about now, and what she'll cover at our next appointment ("call and sign up for the glucose test today after you leave, and next appointment we'll talk more about labor signs and the birthing process") so that helps me a lot as a FTM.

image"">image"">imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"