Parenting
Options

Damn you Olympic ruining news outlets

I'm casually surfing the interwebz being super careful not to see results of the gymnastics final...one click too many landed me on a page with the results in nice big letters.

IM SO PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Damn you Olympic ruining news outlets

• Options

The ad last night for the today show telling about Missy Franklin's gold airing in the commercial break right before she won it was pretty sucktastic too.

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The internet sucks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been pretty disappointed at NBC's coverage and inability to at least help prevent spoilers from leaking. I know that people are going to share results before they are aired here, but stuff like Sherbet mentioned about the ad showing Missy Franklin's gold medal before they even showed her event was pretty bad.

• Options

Hey, NBC!  You know who's competing in the Olympics?  Countries other than the US. 

• Options
    imageBostonKisses2:
    imageSherbet Lemon:

The ad last night for the today show telling about Missy Franklin's gold airing in the commercial break right before she won it was pretty sucktastic too.

I saw that, and it really pissed me off.

Or NOT putting the results in the title of some of the articles! 

• Options

imageSunDrop11:
    I've been pretty disappointed at NBC's coverage and inability to at least help prevent spoilers from leaking. I know that people are going to share results before they are aired here, but stuff like Sherbet mentioned about the ad showing Missy Franklin's gold medal before they even showed her event was pretty bad.

I agree. The regular nighttime news is good about spoiler alerts but the internet and radio are out to ruin it all for everyone. I understand this is always an issue when there is a big time difference but this Olympics seems worse. I have heard the results of every single big event since they started without trying.

• Options
    imageBostonKisses2:
    imageLovesMM:
    imageBostonKisses2:
    imageSherbet Lemon:

I saw that, and it really pissed me off.

Or NOT putting the results in the title of some of the articles! 

FFS, I just saw that now, and I wish I hadn't gone to MSNBC.  Super Angry

Yup, yesterday ruined the Men's Gymnastics Team Final for me. I went to read about the Koren(?) that had to sit on the fencing pad to wait for some appeal and to the right there were more articles and it flat out gave what place they came in.

<----- PISSED

• Options
    imagejustbeachy109:

The games just need to always be in the US so we can avoid this problem.

(kidding)

I just don't see why it can't be broadcast live on TV?! They didn't do this whole delay shiit for the past two summer olympics did they?

• Options
    imagejustbeachy109:
    imageLovesMM:
    imagejustbeachy109:

The games just need to always be in the US so we can avoid this problem.

(kidding)

I just don't see why it can't be broadcast live on TV?! They didn't do this whole delay shiit for the past two summer olympics did they?

I can't remember, but I think Primetime ratings have something to do with it. Plus, this gives NBC time to make the events more story like. Stupid NBC.

Some of the events are running live on TV, but they aren't the more popular ones.

Yeah I keep the olympics on all day. I just don't see why they can't air it live and THEN do another rebroadcast of it!

• Options
    imagejustbeachy109:

Some of the events are running live on TV, but they aren't the more popular ones.

Yeah this. It used to be most all of the events but now NBC sucks  is 100% responsible for ruining everything ever.

• Options
    I'm thisclose to buying a subscription to BBC One so I don't have to watch NBC anymore. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"