Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Reward Yourself/Birthday Party

Of course I have some ideas for LO's upcoming b-day but I had an idea of getting DH something for being parents for a whole year. I think we have accomplished so much more in 1 year than I knew possible, and I have really grown to love him even more since becoming a great father to our DD. So I was wondering, do you think it's silly to want to rewards ourselves?

ALSO, if you have done this, what are some ideas other than picture albums etc...

Lastly, does anyone know a creative way to photograph baby for 1 year pictures?? I'm thinking I want to do like a Little Red Riding Hood theme, I've always loved to story I'm not sure why? If you have other creative b-day ideas for a little girl please let me know!

THANKS! :)

Re: Reward Yourself/Birthday Party

• Yes, I think it's silly.

For DD's one year pictures we gave her a mini bundt cake to smash.  She got all the time in the world to inspect it, hold it, and dig into it.  The pictures that came out of it were super cute.  I haven't thought of what I'd do for DS's 12 month pics yet.  Aside for your love for the story, I don't know what exactly that would mean in terms of turning 1.  Did you do NB pics?  Maybe recreate them again.  That would be cute to frame side-by-side.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it's silly too, but all that matters is that if you like it, do it. IMO, you have your 1 year old gift in your daughter.. Maybe you could get him a nice card and go out on a date night to celebrate...

We are doing a pink and green 'themed' party.. No characters or anything, just pink and green with some polka dots thrown in. Her room is pink and green and I love it. She doesn't watch much tv so no characters yet. 

I am going to do her pictures and plan on getting the standard wooden letters ONE and maybe the number 1. I have her 2 birthday shirts and may get her a cupcake or something to smash in some of them. 

• Loading the player...
  • I think it's silly too, but if you want to do it then go for it! I saw a really cute picture idea the other day. Put the baby on the floor in front of a bare wall, behind the baby put a few helium filled balloons at staggering heights just a smidge taller than him/her. Give LO a smash cake and snap shot after shot as baby goes to town on the cake. Simplistic and beautiful. I think I might get a wooden #1 to stand off in the corner of the pic. Or maybe have one of the balloons say 1 year old or 1st birthday or something like that.
  • Ms5586Ms5586 member

I don't think it's that silly to want to treat yourselves for making it through the first year together.  It's not something that crossed my mind, but the first year can be extremely hard on couples.  Maybe you could find something that you could both wear for LO (bracelet, chain, etc) with her birthstone, or a charm with her fingerprint, etc.  I think a sappy card to DH would be nice.

As far as 1st birthday pictures, the standard cupcake smash in a diaper or tshirt is always adorable and fun.  Balloons hanging for a background like PP mentioned are very cute as well.  Are you on pinterest?  There are a million ideas there.  As far as little red riding hood ideas, I would find a big picnic basket or something and have her in the little cape with a wood-sy background.  Or maybe have her sitting and reading the fairy tale in a book?  I think it would be fun for you, since you've always loved the book, but not necessarily scream "One year old pictures", KWIM?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"