December 2011 Moms

*hlc*...and any other Ferberizers

You're Ferberizing, right?  Can you tell me about nursing and nap time?  Do you nurse him at set times every day?  Before he goes down for a nap or when he wakes up from one?  What happens if he skips a nap / cries through it...how does that affect when he eats?

I feel like the book doesn't address a lot of my questions and I'm just so confused!  

Eli will show sleepy signs (yawning, rubbing his eyes, whining), so I'll take him to the nursery, read him a story, sing him a song, and lay him down.  Except that he screams for 30 minutes.  My presence doesn't make a bit of difference.  I could pat his back the whole time and he'd still cry.  

So, Ferber says after 30 minutes, get them back up.  But then I feel like it's time for him to eat again, and he falls asleep nursing...

Thoughts? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: *hlc*...and any other Ferberizers

• I did not Ferber naps and pray I don't have to. His Morning nap is in the swing two hrs after he wakes. He typically goes down ok with blaring white noise. His afternoon nap this summer is in the car because I do a carpool for a friends son which is an hr in the car. He starts daycare in September and figure I'd let them get him to nap in his crib!  Nighttime was overwhelming enough I can't tackle both along with night Wakings and night weaning. I didn't even read the chapter on naps bc it was too much. Hopefully someone else can help. 

Lilypie - (ovfd)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"