Cloth Diapering
Options

Stripping question/Smell on diapers

I am in the process of stripping my diapers using blue dawn. I have done a ridiculous number of rinses, and there are no soap bubbles at all during the rinses, but when I bury my face in the diaper, it smells like the dawn. It almost smells like the way clothes do when you use bleach on them.

It is the faintest of smells (and I also according to my husband have a superhuman sense of smell) but it hasn't gone away. Are these ok to use as is, or do I need to keep rinsing? This is my first time stripping diapers, so I don't know what to expect

imageimageimage
imageimage
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
It all revolves around you.

Re: Stripping question/Smell on diapers

• Options

I'd just use them.

I tend not to worry as much as some people, though.

• Options
    imagetokenhoser:

I'd just use them.

I tend not to worry as much as some people, though.

This

I just stripped my AIOs and my hemp insterts and did exactly what you did, until there was no bubbles, and I was happy. I also think of it this way, I use Tide original powder for normal CD laundry ( I switched to this after some issues with Purex Free) and I can still smell a faint scent of the Tide, and have had zero problems. I think your good.

If they smell clean, they are most likely clean.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you! This was what I was leaning towards too, but I wanted to ask other experienced CD moms.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"