January 2012 Moms
Options

How much solids

Like many here, I make my own baby food.  We're still doing purees, but he's handling a thicker puree now and can probably eat some things straight soon.  Now that's 6 months old, I'm going to start feeding him twice a day.

Unless it's a new food, DS gobbles down the whole container.  I use the little containers that came with the baby bullet that are only a few ounces.  I'm starting to wonder though if he should be getting more than that per meal.  If he finishes a container, should I try feeding him a second container until he indicates he's full?  For those who use premeasured containers, do you use multiple containers per feeding until LO is full, or do you stick with just one?

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
Lilypie Maternity tickers
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Re: How much solids

• Options

My doc said to keep it at one measuring container and give her 3 meals a day and then watch her formula intake and base it on that.

I'm still trying to figure out what all that means but hope it helps LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor gave me the guidelines of no more than 8 oz of solids and not to go below 24 oz of bm/formula. But we've had weight gain issues so I'm not sure if that was part of it...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebeccajanedowning:
    My doctor gave me the guidelines of no more than 8 oz of solids and not to go below 24 oz of bm/formula. But we've had weight gain issues so I'm not sure if that was part of it...

None of this is actually an issue since she'll only eat about half a tablespoon... 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    imageFarmBoysWife:

imagelilnightmusic:
    imageFarmBoysWife:

imagelilnightmusic:
    None.  My child freaking hates food.

You know anorexia is becoming a problem with younger and younger girls.  

Manorexia is quite trendy these days too. 

I thought you had a girl.  

I have a bulimic baby!  Chews on his fingers as soon as the bottle is pulled away and out comes 1-2 ounces. 

• Options

I use 1 baby bullet serving (I fill them like 3/4 full when freezing, so I believe about 1.5oz), stir in about 1oz of breastmilk or formula if I have none, then add oatmeal or rice cereal to achieve the right consistency.  If it's a really watery puree (zucchini), I won't even add the milk.  I never measure anything but we seem to be doing well with approx 3-4oz servings.  We had a little constipation this week but now I know what foods constipate and not to feed too many of them too closely together.  Sometimes I'll do a little less (3oz) for morning and more for night (4oz) so he'll be full and sleep through.
  • Options

imagelilnightmusic:
    None.  My child freaking hates food.

This.

(We'll not exactly.  He eats about a 2.5oz container a day....but sometimes I feel like it's not worth the struggle) 

image image
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    OK, my baby is a total porker.  She eats about 3 oz of fruits or veggies at lunch.  We started meats this past weekend, and OMG she can't get enough.  So one serving of that (I think the jar is about 4 oz) and since she's still screaming for more food (total growth spurt) we give her another 2 oz of a fruit or veggie. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"