December 2010 Moms

Getting fat much??

OMG I have gained 15.43 lbs over the summer.. Epic fail! So now I am starting a smoothie-diet :)

Anyone want to compete? My goal is to loose 22 lbs in 4 weeks (5,5 lbs pr week). I currently weigh 169.75 lbs..

<3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Getting fat much??

• Yes, me. I mean I AM pregnant, but I'm also gaining about 10x as fast as I'm supposed to, and I just can't stop eating. I look like I'm 6 months along and I haven't even hit 2nd tri yet.

So I can't lose weight, obviously, but I could use a kick in the rear to STOP EATING OREOS.

Somebody take the oreos away.....

• Good luck! I think there is a fb group that helps with the weightloss goals and motivation. I plan on asking to join in 2 months this baby weight came on wAstros fast and I know it's not going to come off that fast. And I don't have problems saying no to Oreos but ice cream?....that's a diff story. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was 20 lbs under my pre-preg weight before the start of sumer, and now I'm only 10 lbs under. :P  DH and I want to start working out together, but we also need to cut back on the sweets... lol
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • imageIncogNeato:

Yes, me. I mean I AM pregnant, but I'm also gaining about 10x as fast as I'm supposed to, and I just can't stop eating. I look like I'm 6 months along and I haven't even hit 2nd tri yet.

So I can't lose weight, obviously, but I could use a kick in the rear to STOP EATING OREOS.

Somebody take the oreos away.....

Just finished off a package of double stuffed. Not to be purchased again, bad! 

• I think that if I can GAIN up to 5 lbs a week, then I can loose it aswell - I would not have done this just to get down to my "ideal weigth", wich is 40 lbs below what I am now. This is just to get back to where I was 4 weeks ago :)

• I've packed on a spare 15 lbs too, but I think I'm just resigned to live with it for the moment.  Life is such a whirlwind between working full time, raising G and my step-kids, etc. that I feel lucky just to have something on the dinner table.  I don't think I could spare the time for a special diet at the moment.

Good luck with your smoothie-diet! 

• imagemommyfied:
    I think that if I can GAIN up to 5 lbs a week, then I can loose it aswell - I would not have done this just to get down to my "ideal weigth", wich is 40 lbs below what I am now. This is just to get back to where I was 4 weeks ago :)

It is extremely difficult to gain 5 lbs of fat in a week. You would have to consume 2,500 extra calories per day! Therefore, it's probably mostly water weight and you probably CAN lose it pretty quickly. I'm sure you can lose the first 5 or 10 pretty quickly anyway. In general I agree though that once you lose the water weight, you'll be lucky to lose 2 lbs/week, especially since you are not obese. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetiffanyp:

imagemommyfied:
    I think that if I can GAIN up to 5 lbs a week, then I can loose it aswell - I would not have done this just to get down to my "ideal weigth", wich is 40 lbs below what I am now. This is just to get back to where I was 4 weeks ago :)

It is extremely difficult to gain 5 lbs of fat in a week. You would have to consume 2,500 extra calories per day! Therefore, it's probably mostly water weight and you probably CAN lose it pretty quickly. I'm sure you can lose the first 5 or 10 pretty quickly anyway. In general I agree though that once you lose the water weight, you'll be lucky to lose 2 lbs/week, especially since you are not obese. 

You read my mind :) Wich is why I am NOT seing this as unhealthy..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"