November 2011 Moms

Do I have a Big Baby?

My daughter just turned 8 months old (6 adjusted), she was born 9 weeks early weighing in at 3lb. She now weighs 18 ? lb and I just had to buy her 12 month summer clothes, that fit her almost perfectly (except in length)! I even have to move her diaper size up to a 4 because her legs are super chunky. I am just wondering are your babies the same size as her or is she just a Big Baby.

Don?t get me wrong, I am not complaining about her size, I am just in disbelief that she is in 12 months already

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Do I have a Big Baby?

• My kid is eight months and as of saturday she weighs 24 pounds and wears 18 month clothing. So, yes you do, but it could be worse lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Your baby sounds totally normal. It's pretty average for a kid to wear clothing that is a size bigger than their age.

DS is around 16lbs, wears size 3 diapers & wears 6-9m clothes. He's also normal, just on the smaller side.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • mcvgalmcvgal member
    My son was also born early at 30 weeks and weighs 19.5 lbs. Wearing 12-18 months depending on the name brand

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Nope. DS is just over 8 months, in 12 month clothes and getting ready to go into size 4 diapers as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think that the clothes should go by weight, not by age. It makes no sense the way they are! LO can fit into 6-9 months but he also fits into 12 month clothes no problem. He is in size 4 diapers.

At his 6 month appointment he was 19 lbs and 27 inches..... He is relatively tall but weight seems to be distributed quite evenly, though he does have a buddah belly :-)

As long as your doc thinks LO is fine and developing OK, try not to worry about weight!

• imagemama&baby:

I think that the clothes should go by weight, not by age. It makes no sense the way they are! LO can fit into 6-9 months but he also fits into 12 month clothes no problem. He is in size 4 diapers.

At his 6 month appointment he was 19 lbs and 27 inches..... He is relatively tall but weight seems to be distributed quite evenly, though he does have a buddah belly :-)

As long as your doc thinks LO is fine and developing OK, try not to worry about weight!

I think Carter's has a chart on their tags that shows what weight=age/size, so I just go by that since most of her clothing are Carter's. Wish my daughter had a Buddah belly, they're sooo cute. I have a lanky girl...
  • Thank you. It is good to know she is not out of the relm for her age. If she keeps this up she will be in 24 month by her birthday (lol).

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • DS is 8.5 months old, 22 pounds, and in a 12 or 18 month clothing.  We are getting ready to move into size 5 diapers.   I think most babies are in a size above their age though, at least around here.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son will be 9 months on the 9th and as of today weighs 19lbs 4 oz and is in 12 months clothes and a size 4 diaper.

On the other side my niece is 15 months old and still wears a size 3 diaper.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • My DS was 4 weeks early and has been in size four diapers for almost two months! He has some chunky legs :)

• DD weighs about the same as yours (maybe slightly more), but I think she must be taller because she still wears 9 month clothing just fine and her legs aren't super chunky. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My DD was around 18 lbs at 6 months. She's been wearing size 4s for a while and is wearing 9-12 month clothing. She's not even a big kid, just tall.  

• That sounds pretty normal.  DS has been in 12 month clothing since 6 months. His growth has really slowed though, so I think he'll be in 12 month clothes a little longer.  He has also been in size 4 diapers for a few months already and is probably about 21 lbs.
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • imagemama&baby:

I think that the clothes should go by weight, not by age. It makes no sense the way they are! LO can fit into 6-9 months but he also fits into 12 month clothes no problem. He is in size 4 diapers.

This is my LO exactly.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • JKTTC1JKTTC1 member
    LO will be 9 months next week. He was 6.9 at birth. He weighed 22.5 lbs a few weeks ago and wears 12m so no...she's not big. Well at least not bigger than most everyone else's LO's!

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• My little guy just turned 9 months and weighs 22lbs. He's been in 18 month clothes for about 3 months now. He was 20lbs at his 6 month appointment.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"