Nurseries and Baby Gear

Buyer's remorse!

I was originally planning on getting a snap n go then a nice lightweight stroller when baby gets older.  But when I saw the Britax Free Ride event where I could get a free car seat, I decided to do that instead.  I figured it will cost the same, if not more, to get the car seat, snap n go, and stroller (was planning on a maclaren) separately.  Since the Britax B-Ready can act as a snap n go, then I thought why not do that and save some money!  But now I'm thinking the weight of the B-Ready might get annoying.  What do you think?  Should I return the B-Ready and seat and get them all separate?  I'm so torn!!
bfp#1 2/1/11 ~ natural m/c 2/21/11 (7w2d)
bfp#2 5/26/11 ~ missed m/c dx @ 10w (7w3d) ~ d&c 7/14/11
bfp#3 5/2/12 ~ baby elijah arrived 1/14/13!

Re: Buyer's remorse!

• J234J234 member
    I used the B-Agile as my snap and go and it was great.  The B-Ready was way too big.  I don't know how heavy it is, but the B-Agile is a cinch to get in and out of the car one handed.  
  • Get the B-Agile instead.  The car seat will snap right into the stroller.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • When we were deciding on strollers, we were stuck between b-ready and b-agile.  The b-ready was exactly what you said- too heavy, plus I wasn't even sure if it would fit well in my full size sedan's trunk. Went with the B-Agile instead... we'll see when baby gets here in Dec, but I feel like we made the right choice.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't mind the weight of the B Ready, bc it offers all of the things I want in one stroller. Acts as a snap and go, reversible seat, and the ability to become a double stroller. Sure, it's 10 lbs heavier than the B Agile, but it's in a class of its own.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMrsLele:
    I don't mind the weight of the B Ready, bc it offers all of the things I want in one stroller. Acts as a snap and go, reversible seat, and the ability to become a double stroller. Sure, it's 10 lbs heavier than the B Agile, but it's in a class of its own.

This, and it pushes like a dream haha.  We went and pushed around tons of strollers and the B-Ready was the smoothest, it easily pushes with one  hand and over gravel/bumpy sidewalks.  When you are pushing a stroller you can't really tell the weight, only when you are lifting into/out of the trunk, and I have not had an issue with that.  The carseat with my LO in it...now that is heavy to lug around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • I don't have a B Ready (I have an UppaBaby Vista), but I think this will be fine.  My understanding is our strollers are similar in size/weight and I use my UBV as my "snap n go."  I love it.  It handles very well and it isn't that big of a deal to put it in and out of the trunk.  To me, having a versatile stroller was more important.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Thanks everyone!  I really like the B-Agile as well, but all the extra features of the B-Ready won me over.  Plus with the Free Ride Event, buying the B-Agile plus car seat would almost be the same price as the B-Ready with the free car seat.

Ok, I think I'm going to stick with the B-Ready.  Hopefully it will build up my arm muscles and it will get easier to carry eventually.  :)

bfp#1 2/1/11 ~ natural m/c 2/21/11 (7w2d)
    bfp#2 5/26/11 ~ missed m/c dx @ 10w (7w3d) ~ d&c 7/14/11
    bfp#3 5/2/12 ~ baby elijah arrived 1/14/13!
  • imagejellebelle:

Thanks everyone!  I really like the B-Agile as well, but all the extra features of the B-Ready won me over.  Plus with the Free Ride Event, buying the B-Agile plus car seat would almost be the same price as the B-Ready with the free car seat.

Ok, I think I'm going to stick with the B-Ready.  Hopefully it will build up my arm muscles and it will get easier to carry eventually.  :)

I think you'll be happy. As much as some people don't like how big the B-Ready is, I can fit a ton of crap in to the basket and not have to carry anything (diaper bag, blanket, ergo carrier with newborn insert, plus shopping bags). I have also used it as my grocery cart before to make grocery store trips easy (it steers tons better than a grocery cart and B is safer in it than a cart). Add in that you can add a second seat to it if you need to and it really is an awesome stroller. I don't think it is heavy at all (especially compared to a kid in the carseat as the PP said). 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • I have a B Ready and I love it.  I don't find it that heavy and don't have any problems lifting it in/out of my car.  I have had a few different strollers over the years and this one is my favorite.
    imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"