Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

NBR: Any of YOU take Allegra? (or recommend your allergy meds please)

So it says "non drowsy"..... does that mean that you take in the morning?  Did you have any side effects (yes, I know that could differ from person to person), but just curious how you felt afterwards.

I am taking a generic zyrtec and it was working great the first week and now isn't at all and I feel horrible.  I'm desperate to find something as we're leaving on vacation soon.  BUT I also don't want to try something and then be all "drugged up" during the trip either.

Re: NBR: Any of YOU take Allegra? (or recommend your allergy meds please)

• Options
    Allegra works better than Claritin for me. Zyrtec makes me pass out, it's insane. Maybe you need a prescription allergy med? I took Flonase for years, it worked great.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options

imagenosoup4u:
    Allegra works better than Claritin for me. Zyrtec makes me pass out, it's insane. Maybe you need a prescription allergy med? I took Flonase for years, it worked great.

When do you take it?  It says non-drowsy but does that really ring true???  I don't want to take it in the morning and then get knocked out.  LOL

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Allegra should not make you drowsy (neither should claritin).  You should be fine taking it in the morning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I take Allegra, and while I take it in the evening, I do not notice any effects on me in the way of drowsiness. I like the Allegra a lot- I don't find it to have any side effects, and my allergies have never been better! 
  • Options

imageswimiz500:
    I take Allegra, and while I take it in the evening, I do not notice any effects on me in the way of drowsiness. I like the Allegra a lot- I don't find it to have any side effects, and my allergies have never been better! 

Hmmmmm....I was going to start it but not sure when.  I'm afraid to take it tonight and then be up all night...but then afraid to take it tomorrow morning and be falling asleep during a very long drive.  I can't wait to try it!!!  These freaking allergies suck.

• Options
    AZ123AZ123 member
    My allergist said the best was Kirkland (Costco) Brand Allergy. You get a one year bottle for under $20 and they work too! Non-drowsy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"