Trouble TTC

Estrogen Headaches..

Any one else get natural hormone headaches? Last July I had a severe migraine that lasted 12 days. My Dr. couldnt figure out what it was from. I had some headaches for the rest of the year but nothing severe. This past January it happened again lasting 14 days. Advil doesnt touch the pain. They can be so severe that I cant focus on my work, Im tired all the time, forgetful, sensitive to sounds and lights, etc. Since January, I have continued to have headaches lasting two weeks straight. 

When I was going to see my RE and had to chart my BBT, I began charting my headaches. He confirmed that they appear to be Estrogen related and said they can be controlled with BC or hormones down the line.

Because these just started on their own, a whole year+ after I was done taking BCP, I was wondering if you ladies have ever experienced the same? Any tips on how to ease the pain?

Mama of 1: who did not grow below my heart, but certainly a big place in it!!

TTC our #1 since '10

DX: Ovulate but not great follicles

DH SA:Normal-Low Count

Aug 2012:Clomid 50MG= BFFN ([1]Fol-17mm/Prog.-17.3)

Sep 2012: Clomid 150MG CD5-9 & TI= ??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Estrogen Headaches..

• I get severe migraines on CD1 every month, so I'm assuming they're hormone related. They were a lot worse and more frequent when I was on birth control, though. Mine only last 3 days, though. But you're right- nothing helps with the pain. 

The only natural relief I've found is to lay down in a quiet, dark room and put an ice pack (cold, but not totally frozen) on either side of your neck, right in between your shoulders. Then put a warm heating pad on your feet. The ice packs restrict the blood flow to your head (not so much that it's dangerous), and the heating pad draws blood to your feet. It really does help.  

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • I will certainly have to give it a try!! Last July I did the cool on the forehead but it didnt do too much. Sleep helps but I cant sleep when I have to work.
    Mama of 1: who did not grow below my heart, but certainly a big place in it!!

TTC our #1 since '10

DX: Ovulate but not great follicles

DH SA:Normal-Low Count

Aug 2012:Clomid 50MG= BFFN ([1]Fol-17mm/Prog.-17.3)

Sep 2012: Clomid 150MG CD5-9 & TI= ??

• Loading the player...
  • imagepantsarella:

I get severe migraines on CD1 every month, so I'm assuming they're hormone related. They were a lot worse and more frequent when I was on birth control, though. Mine only last 3 days, though. But you're right- nothing helps with the pain. 

The only natural relief I've found is to lay down in a quiet, dark room and put an ice pack (cold, but not totally frozen) on either side of your neck, right in between your shoulders. Then put a warm heating pad on your feet. The ice packs restrict the blood flow to your head (not so much that it's dangerous), and the heating pad draws blood to your feet. It really does help.  

I second this.  Sometimes I stand in the shower with an icepack on my face/neck in hot water.  I have horrible hormonal migraines.  To the point I will probably be on meds after we are done ttc.  I feel for you, it really is debilitating.

TTC since April 2010
    Diagnosed w/PCOS as a teen
    Aug 2011 dx MFI
    Oct 2011 referral to RE 1500mg Met
    5 Rounds of Clomid
    On waiting list for injects/IUI
    P/SAIF Welcome
  • I get them, though they only last 1-2 days. My RE prescribed Estradiol 2mg the 2 days leading to AF so that the drop in estrogen isn't as sharp. It helps prevent the migraines. 
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"