Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Story Lad/North Conway

We are hading for a 4 day vacation with a few couples.  Kids 2-4 years old.  Any suggetsions of things we can do besides story land?  Restaraunts, parks etc...

Re: Story Lad/North Conway

• Options
    There is a children's museum and a hotel with a big indoor water park, both in north Conway.  There are also lots of cool spots near the river to play and swim.you can go on train rides in the mountains, too.  Lots to do!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.raisinghopehappinessandlucas.typepad.com 37 and dx with DOR...just fabulous
  • Options
    I was just there Last week, We have a summer house near there so i didn't stay in hotel, but the Red Jacket Hotel has the indoor water park and Check out Santa's village I think it near Story Land and is fun for the kids I haven't gone yet but might at the end of August..Enjoy. You will Love StoryLand it is fun
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just got back Sunday! We stayed at the North Conway Grand Hotel, right next to outlets. Besides going to Storyland we went to Diana's Bath (about a mile or 2 from center of town). It was really cool hike to the Baths - but the actual bath is had me a little stressed out b/c of the big rocks and my boys don't know when to stop running (even if I'm screaming:) We did manage to find a little bath for them to play in...they had a blast! We stayed for about an hour.

There is also a little beach before that - state park.

Places to eat...we loved the Moat Mountain Smokehouse - I read a blog on the drive up from MA about it and b/c my husband loves trying local brews  - we went there and were not disappointed at all! The boys had fun and there were lots of other kids there as well. It's set in a house - so it's kinda cool. Food was good (we got a pizza - yum) and the boys ate every last piece of their meals as well.

The Muddy Moose is also cool. The boys loved the bears & moose on the walls and lots of kids there too - so people were understanding of our boys running crazy! Sigh :)

Delangers Hole in the Wall - It was just ok....nothing to write home about. They were awarded teh 2nd best wings in New England - but my husband said that he didn't understand why.

Flatbread - we wanted to go here, but they JUST serve pizza - nothing else. So we unfortunatly had to forgo this time as the boys wanted their mac n cheese Sigh!

There is a playground in the center of town with a splash pad (small) and I think on Tuesdays (?) they have live music starting at 6pm. Behind that is a firehouse - the first year we took our boys there and they let the boys in the firehouse and even inviting them to get inside a firetruck - but they were too scared (they were 2 & 3 last year).

Other than that our hotel had lots of kid activities - it wasn't our first time here - so we took advantage of those things.

Have fun :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"