January 2012 Moms
Options

NBR: recommend your small SUV

My mom has a Rav4 and I really like it, but DH leans toward American-made..other than driving my mom's car, we haven't done any test drives or anything, but I'd love to hear from folks with that size of car, what you like/don't like, and/or if you have comparisons with other similarly-sized vehicles that you tested out.
imageimage

Re: NBR: recommend your small SUV

• Options

I test drove a slew of SUV's before buying a Nissan Murano last spring.  I decided to go bigger, but among the smaller ones, I liked the Honda CRV.  And the Mazda CX-5 gets amazing gas mileage. 

I thought the American made ones were terrifically overpriced for what you were getting.  Same thing with the VW Toureg. 

Bring a car seat with you when you test drive.  A lot of the small SUVs (and many large ones) have very little leg room in the back seat.  We ended up going with the Murano because it was the only thing we drove that made our final list where we could have a rear-facing car seat behind the passenger seat and not have to move the passenger seat forward.  DH has long legs and we were shocked by how many vehicles had him riding with his knees against the dash. 

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVE the Ford Escape.  My husband wanted something bigger so we traded it in for the Ford Explorer which is also great but I really do miss the escape.  I also liked the Ford Edge a lot!
    DSC_2051 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageCuppyCakes88:
    I LOVE the Ford Escape.  My husband wanted something bigger so we traded it in for the Ford Explorer which is also great but I really do miss the escape.  I also liked the Ford Edge a lot!

Another vote for the Escape. It is such an easy ride. We've already outgrown it though. With baby, DH and I, and our Pitt bull mix, we are pretty cozy for vacations.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Not an SUV, but I love our Subaru Outback. Tons of storage room and huge amounts of leg room in the back. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love my CR-V! I get great gas mileage for an SUV (avg 24 in town) and it has more interior room than my Grand Cherokee did. 

I almost bought an Escape though, I just got a better deal on the CR-V but I liked the Escape a lot as well.  

After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My mom has a Mercury Mariner that I really like. It is very similar to the Ford Escape except the Mariner usually has a few extra "bells and whistles".

I have also rented a few Jeep Liberty's and I feel like they fit our car seat better than many small SUVs.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• Options
    Another vote for the CR-V. Love mine. Drives like a car and not a huge SUV. Is roomy and you can get a good amount of stuff in the back. 

• Options
    We love our Dodge Journey.  Don't have any space issues as previous poster mentioned. And we are both 6 feet tall.  
    DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I liked both the CR-V and the Escape.  My husband didn't like the "boxy" look of the Escape so we went with the CR-V.  We love it.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"