3rd Trimester
Options

Diarrhea

So I woke up with diarrhea yesterday and din't think too much of it until I got on here and saw a bunch of posts about diarrhea being a sign of impending labor. 

So I did some research and found a pretty reliable source that said it could be impending labor or it could just be a bug, food poisoning etc.. But to call your doctor if it lasts more then 24 hours. i woke up this morning feeling much better, but I just had to run to the bathroom again.

So should I call? I don't think the diarrhea is that bad, I mean it barely qualifies (3 bowel movements in one day), and I have been getting plenty of fluids so I don't think I'm dehydrated.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diarrhea

• Options
    Call you doc and see if it's okay to take immodium...and drink lots of water.  Sounds like you are fine- I wouldn't worry too much about going into labor.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Kasi80Kasi80 member
    I had bouts of it as well in early and 3rd tri.  Nothing came of it even though it felt like I was in labor. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSwainb:

So I woke up with diarrhea yesterday and din't think too much of it until I got on here and saw a bunch of posts about diarrhea being a sign of impending labor. 

So I did some research and found a pretty reliable source that said it could be impending labor or it could just be a bug, food poisoning etc.. But to call your doctor if it lasts more then 24 hours. i woke up this morning feeling much better, but I just had to run to the bathroom again.

So should I call? I don't think the diarrhea is that bad, I mean it barely qualifies (3 bowel movements in one day), and I have been getting plenty of fluids so I don't think I'm dehydrated.  

I had this the weekend before last. REALLY watery diarrhea too, not even just loose stools. It was like water coming out of me. I considered calling b/c I had heard it was the start of labor too but the diarrhea stopped the next day.

All I did was drink lots of water and follow the BRAT diet while I had the diarrhea, and like I said it had stopped by the next evening. Don't know still if it was a bug or just my body gearing up for labor. Needless to say, I am still here waiting for baby to arrive, so my diarrhea incident doesn't really support the whole "impending labor" thing. I do notice however, since the diarrhea last weekend, I do move my bowels many more times a day than I used to (about 3 times, sometimes more!)

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"