Babies on the Brain

what is smu?

I saw someone posting on here about testing at night and getting a faint line and then testing again the next morning and it barely being there and that is what just happened to me litterally last night and this morning. And she said smu helped. what is it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what is smu?

• Second morning urine. =)
  • Oh ok. I was thinking that maybe my hormones are better later because last night it was as clear as day. BFP. Also if i am pregnant im only like 3 weeks pregnant. Im not even suppossed to get my period for a week. Im just one of those people. So maybe thats what happened. Thank you
  • Loading the player...
  • No problem. Congrats on your positive.

ETA: When did you test last night? About what time?

• imagefredalina:
    Am I the only one who opened this expecting to read: "What's smu with you?"

Well, I keep adding a T to the end of the acronym and wondering WTH is going on. I need to take up coffee drinking. 

imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%
    Started TTC in June 2008. Not bothering any more.

Bonafide thread killah
  • Hrm. Guess she's gone. Last night at 9:00 pm, she was posting on 3T. She was talking about her infertility. So, if she knew she was pregnant last night or possibly pregnant with a line, why did she make that post on 3T. =/

ETA LINK: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/67672861.aspx (Sorry about non clicky)

• imagemiguelandkayla09:
    Oh ok. I was thinking that maybe my hormones are better later because last night it was as clear as day. BFP. Also if i am pregnant im only like 3 weeks pregnant. Im not even suppossed to get my period for a week. Im just one of those people. So maybe thats what happened. Thank you

WTF are you doing on 3T then?? 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/67682162/ShowThread.aspx#67682162

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • That is exactly what I wanted to know! :/ 
  • imageMsCraftsy:
    That is exactly what I wanted to know! :/ 

HA sorry, just saw your post. :)

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • imagemiguelandkayla09:
    Oh ok. I was thinking that maybe my hormones are better later because last night it was as clear as day. BFP. Also if i am pregnant im only like 3 weeks pregnant. Im not even suppossed to get my period for a week. Im just one of those people. So maybe thats what happened. Thank you

Who are those people?

• It's possible she took a test late last night that was positive and another early this morning. She did say she's only about 3 weeks pregnant, so she may be a woman who starts testing everyday a week before her period and last night's happened to be a BFP. I mean, she does say she's been battling PCOS and infertility. Just because she suddenly has a BFP doesn't mean she wasn't having TTTC before last night.

I'm assuming she's wonderfully shocked and thrilled, so congratulations to her!

Currently in preconception health and habit improvement stage. TTC #1 in Spring 2013.
  • imageTheNavarretes:

It's possible she took a test late last night that was positive and another early this morning. She did say she's only about 3 weeks pregnant, so she may be a woman who starts testing everyday a week before her period and last night's happened to be a BFP. I mean, she does say she's been battling PCOS and infertility. Just because she suddenly has a BFP doesn't mean she wasn't having TTTC before last night.

She hasn't been "battling" anything. And the fact that she is 21 and has conceived once in the past few months means that she's not infertile, regardless of PCOS dx.

• imageDebateThis:
    imageTheNavarretes:

It's possible she took a test late last night that was positive and another early this morning. She did say she's only about 3 weeks pregnant, so she may be a woman who starts testing everyday a week before her period and last night's happened to be a BFP. I mean, she does say she's been battling PCOS and infertility. Just because she suddenly has a BFP doesn't mean she wasn't having TTTC before last night.

She hasn't been "battling" anything. And the fact that she is 21 and has conceived once in the past few months means that she's not infertile, regardless of PCOS dx.

Yes

Plenty of people have PCOS and conceive without any medical intervention within a year of trying - that's not infertility. Having PCOS does not automatically make one infertile. 

• I agree about both points re: (in)fertility and PCOS. However, it seems that in her mind not conceiving immediately means she's "having trouble conceiving"; apparently she compares herself to her friends' super fertility. Plus, being told you have PCOS can make one assume they'll struggle, even if it's not necessarily the case.

Ok, so she probably didn't belong on the TTTC boards, but I don't understand why that elicits such severe and suspicious reactions here. Why not just answer her question abut SMU and throw in a little congratulations for good measure? Sheesh.

Currently in preconception health and habit improvement stage. TTC #1 in Spring 2013.
  • imageTheNavarretes:

I agree about both points re: (in)fertility and PCOS. However, it seems that in her mind not conceiving immediately means she's "having trouble conceiving"; apparently she compares herself to her friends' super fertility. Plus, being told you have PCOS can make one assume they'll struggle, even if it's not necessarily the case.

Ok, so she probably didn't belong on the TTTC boards, but I don't understand why that elicits such severe and suspicious reactions here. Why not just answer her question abut SMU and throw in a little congratulations for good measure? Sheesh.

These posts happen DAILY. "Oh noes! I am totally having trouble conceiving!! It's taken me a whole six months and now I want clomid!!" gets very very old. 

You're new here. Lurk and learn.

• I'm a nurse and I educate in that situation, rather than criticize or demean. I'm unwilling to walk on egg shells because I'm new to a message board called "babies on the brain". I have babies on the brain, therefore I ought to be just as welcome to post as those who've posted for longer. So should anyone else who meets that criterium. What am I supposed to learn by lurking? That people are generally poorly informed about conception and infertility (like OP) or that bitterness and criticism rule? I am truly not trying to be difficult, but it seems like OP's fertility "non-issues" should be addressed, if anywhere, in the TTTC board. I guess it just seems like people should be able to post benign comments and questions about fertility/conception/pregnancy/babies on this board without fear of attack.
  • imageTheNavarretes:
    I'm a nurse and I educate in that situation, rather than criticize or demean. I'm unwilling to walk on egg shells because I'm new to a message board called "babies on the brain". I have babies on the brain, therefore I ought to be just as welcome to post as those who've posted for longer. So should anyone else who meets that criterium. What am I supposed to learn by lurking? That people are generally poorly informed about conception and infertility (like OP) or that bitterness and criticism rule? I am truly not trying to be difficult, but it seems like OP's fertility "non-issues" should be addressed, if anywhere, in the TTTC board. I guess it just seems like people should be able to post benign comments and questions about fertility/conception/pregnancy/babies on this board without fear of attack.

Please show me where anyone was being bitter in this thread.  

She didn't respond, so that's when I just went ahead and posted the link and asked why she would post on 3T about infertility and on here about a BFP. Usually you post good news like that on your "home" board with the ladies that know you or have given you advice. She had 5 total posts. Only this one was on our board.

She still hasn't responded to either thread. I don't see why you're up in arms about this post when nothing has even happened. None of this has been bitter, overly dramatic or snarky. Even the 3T ladies who have every right to be upset with a possible "faker"/ AW, have been very nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"