December 2011 Moms

It never fails...nap-time blunders

It never fails...every time I get LO down for a nap, the phone starts ringing, the doorbell gets rung, and a thunderstorm rolls in which gets my dogs barking. Geez Louise!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: It never fails...nap-time blunders

• That's always the way it goes, right? Do you use a white noise machine? It helps drown out a lot. DS is a light sleeper. Of course idk what could drown out the door bell. Ours is sooo freakin loud and right by the bedroom. Whoever installed it there was a genius!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Success After Losses. I carry your <3, I carry it in my <3.</br>
  • I feel your pain.  I really do... and I'm totally going to vent right now!

Fridays are garbage truck days at our house, and it never fails, for the first nap time the garbage truck comes by, for the 2nd nap, the recycle truck comes by.

My mom decided to take DS to her condo last Friday morning with the hope that DS would at least get his morning nap.  Guess what?  Her neighbor was putting in new carpet!

Also, I am so sick of waking up at 5:35 AM every single morning because the newspaper guy throws the paper and hits the garage door, which is right below DS's window.  So I called and asked the delivery person to put the paper in the walkway.  Now he parks his car (under DS's window), gets out, walks the paper to our door and then gets back in, SLAMS his car door and continues with his route. 

My God, I just give up!

Whoever designed our house sucks to have put the kids rooms on the street side.

• Loading the player...
  • Tuesday is garbage day here and we deal with the same thing with our morning nap and them deciding to show up. And I swear that every other person on our street knows when I put the kids down because that is when they decide to mow their lawns or have their landscapers show up. The rest of the day you could hear a pin drop on my street.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ugh, I hear you.  :(

Where we live, everyone contracts their own garbage service...so we have garbage and recycling trucks coming through on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  The garbage trucks usually come through around 6-7, and the recycling trucks come around 9-10.  Yep...just in time to ruin morning wake up AND morning nap... 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • There are a lot of solicitors in my neighborhood during the week, so I put a sign over our doorbell that says, "Baby sleeping, DO NOT ring bell."  I leave it up 24/7 and it works!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"