Preemies

PIPs=My 31 weeker is turning 6 Months!

XP on April 2012 board. 

Wow, where has time gone!? It's hard to believe that my 3lb, 11oz preemie who came home with oxygen and apnea monitors will be 6 months on Wednesday. Last week, DS weighed in at exactly 14lbs and 24.5 in long. We have been continuing with Early Intervention and last week we also had a 6 month Development Clinic at the NICU, and knock on wood, no delays identified this far. Henry did have his tongue tie snipped about 6 weeks ago. They did it with no meds (OUCH, poor buddy). We've also recently had an pediatric opthomologist appt & passed that too with flying colors. And, that should really be the last of our medical appointments for a while - YAY! I'm expecting to see tooth buds any day now. DS is drooling up a storm. And, his laughs & smiles melt my heart everytime!

The further away we get from the NICU, the more I realize how lucky that we are. While we were there, we were in "survival" mode & never even considered anything other than a happy, healthy baby. We are SO fortunate.

Below are some "then & now" pics. :)

Meeting Henry for the 1st Time (immediately following an emergency c-section)

image" mce_src=" image">

So tiny. 4-5 days old.

image" mce_src=" image">

Picture at the lake this wknd. Amost 6 months.

image" mce_src="image">

My baby blues. :)

image" mce_src="image">

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PIPs=My 31 weeker is turning 6 Months!

• Congrats!  He is absolutely adorable and looks like lots of fun!
    DD#1, Alexa, Born 8/08; TTC # 2 since 3/2010; 8 IUI BFN; 1 cervical pregnancy in April 2011; IVF #1 Dec 2011 worked. EDD = 9/7/12. Bedrest starting 6/4/12. Julia Mae born 7/1/12, home 8/12/12. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Love hearing that Henry is doing so well.

• Loading the player...
  • Awww...Happy 6 months to him!!
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageM&MHaveMyHeart:

Congrats!

Just curious, why did you have to snip his tongue tie?

My DS had & still has a very small tongue tie but the doctors did not recommend getting it snipped because it didn't effect his eating. 

Hil!  Thanks!  We got his tongue snipped because it was extremely tied.  It pulled & formed a heart shape when he stuck out his tongue.  The pediatric ENT felt that he would most certainly have trouble eating with a spoon (and then talking later), so it was an easy decision for us.  Did you see an ENT or just your general pedi?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageM&MHaveMyHeart:
    imagevsalt31:
    imageM&MHaveMyHeart:

Congrats!

Just curious, why did you have to snip his tongue tie?

My DS had & still has a very small tongue tie but the doctors did not recommend getting it snipped because it didn't effect his eating. 

Hil!  Thanks!  We got his tongue snipped because it was extremely tied.  It pulled & formed a heart shape when he stuck out his tongue.  The pediatric ENT felt that he would most certainly have trouble eating with a spoon (and then talking later), so it was an easy decision for us.  Did you see an ENT or just your general pedi?

Oh okay. I wasn't too familiar with tongue ties before one of his nurses told us about it in the NICU. 

He was checked out in the NICU where the doctor said it isn't too bad & if he had problems eating, then to see an ENT. Then, our general pedi said the same thing. He hasn't had a problem with the bottle, solids, or the sippy cup so the doc said there is no need to do it.

Right now, the only thing you can notice is that he can't stick his tongue all the way out. So when he tries to, it pretty much stays with the bottom jaw, if that makes sense but he can move it all around when he's eating. 

I guess we'll just keep an eye on it. 

Not to be an alarmist by any means, but I was told my DS had a slight tounge tie in the NICU, but the weren't concerned because he was eating well. We went ahead and went to an ENT and found out he had a 90% tounge tie. He wasn't making the typical heart shape because it was so bad. We had it clipped because it would have caused speech problems.

12 dpo: HCG = 184 Progesterone = 34
    14 dpo: HCG = 529 Progesterone = 24.6
    My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"