Nurseries and Baby Gear

City Mini or B-Agile? Still can't make up my mind.

I flip flop and I know they're both good but still cannot pull the trigger. DH likes the handle on the B-Agile better and it weighs less but I could not close it with one hand in the store. The basket is also smaller. If anyone has a definite opinion on this please let me know!  I don't want to keep LO in her car seat carrier on excursions to the zoo, etc. anymore. That's no fun for her. 
Image and  video hosting by TinyPic
Baby  Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: City Mini or B-Agile? Still can't make up my mind.

• I LOVE our City Mini.  I can definitely fold it with one hand while holding my baby. We've used it pretty much daily since she was a week old and I have zero complaints!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejennyann28:
    I LOVE our City Mini.  I can definitely fold it with one hand while holding my baby. We've used it pretty much daily since she was a week old and I have zero complaints!

+1 for the CM!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejennyann28:
    I LOVE our City Mini.  I can definitely fold it with one hand while holding my baby. We've used it pretty much daily since she was a week old and I have zero complaints!

+1 for the CM!

• I love our b agile and fold it up one handed all the time.

It is a great stroller. 

TTC #1 since 6/10 BFP #1: 8/10, ectopic pregnancy BFP #2: 6/6/11, EDD 2/14/12, DS born 2/8/12 via c-section Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love my B-Agile. Watch this for a detailed review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoCeLTtXP-U
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We went with the City Mini (well the GT) but anyways the deciding factor was that apparently according to the guy at the store, the Mini's frame is metal and has a life time warranty. The B Agile is mostly plastic and has a one year warranty. This likely would also explain the small weight difference.
    Also at the store, after we lowered the seat on the B Agile I could bot get the tab to push it back up... even my husband struggled. Which could have been a flaw in the floor model, I dont know. But it very much deterred him from buying it. 

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• I chose the b-agile after being pro-CM.  I tried them both in the store, and decided the b-agile was a much better fit for us.  I say go in to the store, and drive them around.  If you are still undecided, price out all the accessories and go by price (I got the tray and adult caddy/cupholder thing). 

I got my b-agile and b-safe on Amazon for $330 (buy them separately, not in the "travel system" package... it's $20 more together).  Also, if you registered with amazon, you get 10% off 30 days before your due date.  I entered my due date for 30 days earlier than it really is so I could get the 10% off sooner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I SO prefer the B-Agile. It takes some practice to get used to unfolding it since it clips shut, but now I can do it in one smooth motion, and it being locked shut makes it *much* easier to load and move around when it's folded since I can grab it in other places without it falling open. It's also really easy to fold one handed, you just push the button and grab. If it wouldn't work for you it must be defective, there is nothing special required. The basket is more accessible imo when the seat is down, and I can take a longer, smoother stride because there isn't the giant back axle. The suspension is also better in the BA than the CM, which I prefer.

I'd go to the store and drive them, and don't just walk up and down the aisle, go and seriously stroll across the store, as if you were crossing a parking lot or going for a long walk. For my husband and I we kick the back axle of the CM every stride, especially when we try to cover ground quickly, and we are not tall people. That was the deciding factor for us. We love our BA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My vote is for the City Mini. I didn't like the plasticy feel of the B-Agile. I noticed it more on the double, but it was obvious on the single one to.

The only way I'd go with the B-Agile is if you or your DH are super tall and have issues with kicking the rear bar between the wheels on the City Mini.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"