Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Scheduled an endoscopy for my lo

I post sporadically, so I don't expect anyone the follow along, but I have been having issues with my son for about a year.  He is a vomiter and will hardly touch solid foods.  He was diahnosed FTT (failure to thrive) and is slowly creaping up in weight (thanks to pediadure and duocal).  Anyway, no one can figure out what is causing the vomiting, so the endoscopy is scheduled.  I know I am going to be a wreck on the 15th, when its scheduled.  I really just hope we come up with some answers.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Scheduled an endoscopy for my lo

• Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member
    Sending up prayes and positive thoughts!
  • Options
    Good luck! I've had several- after the fact, he won't even realize it was done. My LO had an upper GI but never needed am endoscopy. Let us know how it goes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It will all be fine.  :) My DD just had one done this past Monday for continued reflux and low weight gain. They ended up finding a hiatal hernia and a loose valve which is causing her problems. It was really no big deal at all, she was right back to herself and we were home by 9:30 (we had to be there at 6 for a 7:00 procedure). She was wide awake all morning and then took a long nap.  I was very worried about it, but it all went smoothly and she did wonderfully. The actual procedure was very, very quick. I'd say she was only gone for 15-20 minutes, then she was in recovery waking up. It was harder for me than it was for her!  Overall, I'm glad we had it done because it answered a lot of our questions. I've actually had it done a few times myself and it is an easy procedure. Best of luck!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good luck, hope it goes well and you'll get some answers
    imageNicole Hanna 11-23-2010
    Birthday
  • Options
    Aw, good luck!  Have you had LO tested for allergies?  My son has a cows milk intolerance and was on soy formula (then soy milk) and prevacid until @ 15 months.  We were lucky to skip to endoscopy, but considered it.  He's doing so much better and has hit the 1% mark on the growth curve!  Good luck!
    IVF w/ ICSI #2 - fraternal twins born December 2010 at 36 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"