Multiples

Twins waking each other up

Our twins used to sleep through each other's crying and now they set each other off :(  Is there anything to help this?  

I am scared its going to be a nightmare once they start teething. 

image image
                  Ayden & Sydney

Re: Twins waking each other up

• I think it is early and you need to wait it out a little and see how things go...do you have a sound machine in the room? that might help to neutralize the crying a little. Also are they sharing a crib/PNP? Perhaps putting them in different ones a little bit away from each other would help if that is the case.

That being said we finally separated ours into different rooms at 7 months b/c DD was waking DS up constantly and no one was getting any sleep.

GL.

• I would try putting them in different cribs too if you haven't already.  Ours are doing much better this way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • i will have to try it during one of their naps.  right now they sleep close together in our room.

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• srbmvpsrbmvp member

I'm actually doing a little sleep training with my boys right now, and I'm purposely keeping them together so that they can get used to tuning out each other's cries. We won't have any option but to put them in a room together long-term (at least until we move, which could be years away), so I figure the sooner they learn to ignore each other's wailing, the better.

FWIW, 9 times out of 10 they DO sleep through each other's cries... and if they do wake up, they go back to sleep pretty easily. But back when they were your babies' age, they woke each other up and it totally stressed me out too. Give it time...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MrsLntMrsLnt member

It goes through phases for us. Sometimes they sleep through, other times, they wake each other and then they go back to sleep.  I'd give it a little time. 

• I went with separate cribs pretty much from the beginning.  Surprisingly they don't wake each other up that often even when one is crying loudly.  I guess they've learned to sleep through it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"