October 2011 Moms
Options

If you've traveled overseas with LO

DH has been asked to go to Italy for work in mid-Sept just for a week.

I want to take E and go too. We possibly could extend it longer. I'm debating whether or not this trip would be a good idea.

Cons--

>12 hrs flying to and from probably two flights each way

6 hour time difference

Language barrier? (or do most Italians speak English)

Pros--

We'd be in Italy! Need I say more.

Please advise.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you've traveled overseas with LO

• Options
    LCassLCass member

I think it depends on your LO.  Lily's pretty easy going, and we had no problem on our flights to South Africa (over 24 hours of travel time including 2 flights with a short layover each way).  The time change and fact that we threw off all her routines and everything did create some sleep issues that lasted quite a while even after we got back home.  (I know a friend of mine just kept her baby on home time when they travelled to Hong Kong - weird, but do-able.)  We had the advantage of being there for quite a while (two weeks, not including travel days), and I think if you can extend your trip to longer than a week, even just a bit, it would be a good idea.  And when we did our trip, we also had it a bit easier because she wasn't on solids yet - not having to think about food on the flights and in a new place was nice.

All that said, if I had your opportunity, I'd do it.  We noticed on our flights that there were quite a few babies under a year (7 infants on one of the flights, in fact!), but then there was a gap and the next youngest were all around 3 or 4.  I'm thinking that we might not be so keen to travel when our LOs are toddlers. . .

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"