June 2012 Moms

6 weeks but no sex?

So I had my 6 week check today. Doctor examined me and said everything looked good and was healing well. She said I'm now able to do more strenuous exercise and lift more. Didn't said anything about sex though so I asked. She then said while technically it was safe, it might be better to wait a couple more weeks. Huh? So, let me get this straight. I'm healing well, feeling good, stopped bleeding and able to exercise normally but I ought to wait two more weeks to have sex? I clarified this with her and again she said it was fine to "give it a try" but if it didn't feel OK, then it would be best to wait a couple more weeks. I just don't get it.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 6 weeks but no sex?

• Hmmmm...I'm a nurse and I just can't stand doctors that are "wishy washy".  The problem is that she can't tell you that it is 100% okay to do anything because of malpractice (stupid, I know).  Here is my take on it.  If you aren't bleeding, your MD says that everything looks to be healing well, and you and your DH are willing to go for it, do it. Just be prepared that it might not be "perfect" for a while and approach it with an open mind and some patience.  You'll be fine. ;)
  • That's strange. Maybe she meant it may be painful so you might want to wait? She should have been more clear.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ah, well I guess that makes sense. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"