Late Term and Child Loss

Returning to work in 1 week...

Anxiety is setting in about returning to work in a week. These 5 weeks have gone by so fast and so slow at the same time. I thought I was pretty much ok returning to work, I knew I would have to deal with my customers who knew about my pregnancy and other employees, but out of the blue today I thought about all of our vendors I have to deal with as well. I just stopped and thought for a second, how the heck am I going to face our UPS guy??? Man, life really seems to suck right now. Days get better but, as many of you have said before, I will never feel that naive joy of being pregnant ever again.

TTC #1 since 10/2010 RE consult 6/2011 PCOS (known) MFI IVF #1 w/ICSI 2/2012 BFP TRIPLETS our angels grew wings at 19.5 weeks 6.25.12 IVF #2 2/2013 Sono shows tissue Hysteroscopy needed Changing RE www.chasingstarsisbettertogether.com Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~~~all welcome~~~

Re: Returning to work in 1 week...

• I know how you feel, I work in a client-based business and I was dreading it...they all knew I was out on my maternity leave since I'd been put on bed rest right before he died.  I actually asked my boss to just let them know, I couldn't deal with doing it myself.  She just sent one email to all the clients I worked closely with letting them know, I got a bunch of cards and emails and nobody brought it up on phone calls... which was my preference.  If it's possible to have someone do this I would, I can't imagine having gone back and having to tell them all one by one.

My only other advice is to be ok with freaking out.  My first day back I had to leave the office 5 min. after I walked in and go collect myself.  I started with just going back for a few hours, I eased my way back in.  I hope it goes ok for you!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• It's funny you mention going back to work. I am a teacher so I have been out all summer..but just lost Kalani a week and 1/2 ago. So everyone kinda looked at me crazy for coming back so soon. Not sure if it's a good choice yet or not. We shall see. It's definitely been an emotional day and I am ready to be home with my husband. It's so hard to be without him right now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank You. I had my boss tell my staff and the rest of our district what had happened so I didn't end up with a ton of Monday morning condolence phone calls. Tough part is, I typically can't just leave work, I work in retail. Once I'm in the door, I'm there for the day. But I have tossed around the idea of starting back with a few hours and days here and there to ease my way in.

TTC #1 since 10/2010 RE consult 6/2011 PCOS (known) MFI IVF #1 w/ICSI 2/2012 BFP TRIPLETS our angels grew wings at 19.5 weeks 6.25.12 IVF #2 2/2013 Sono shows tissue Hysteroscopy needed Changing RE www.chasingstarsisbettertogether.com Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~~~all welcome~~~
  • I know exactley what you mean about not being with your husband. I have forced myself to go run errands without him, and that sucks big time.  Not sure how I will be when I have to make it through an enitre day. He works from home so right now I can come into our office and hang out whenever I want to be near him.

I am so sorry that it has been a tough day for you. Go home try to relax and spend some time with your husband.

• I haven't been on in a while so I'm sorry that you find yourself (and all new momma's) here.

We're a tight "family" at work so the day we found out our little girl had no heartbeat, the day after I was due, we called and they spread the news to everyone else.  As far as outside vendors, I only deal with two that knew I was pregnant.  They told one but the other only comes in quarterly.  The one that knew came in a hugged me, he told me he and his wife are always here to listen and are praying for us constantly.  The other had no idea but did know I was due in November.  He came in January and asked how the baby was.  He's such a jolly guy!  I felt terrible having to tell him she passed, not just because it sucked for us, but because he was mortified!  Hubby and I work in the same building, different departments, and I truly think that's how I've managed to stay sane.  I started coming back slowly, those first few months were a total blur though. Sometimes I still wish I would have taken the full 6 weeks off instead of 2 and a half.  Everyone just kept telling me that sitting at home was not good for me.

Our sweet girl, born sleeping November 21, 2011 at 40w1d
  • I am so sorry.  The first days (and really weeks) back to work are very hard.  I think your idea of easing back in if you can do that is wise.

Hugs to you and I am so sorry for your loss.

Jenn 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• I am sorry!!  I had to return back to work after 1 1/2 weeks as I was not with my company for a year and was not eligible for FMLA or any type disability.  They thankfully did not ask me to take vacation and gave me the full time I did take as bereavement.  It was very difficult heading back to work but at the same time, it helped as I was not at home all day thinking about our loss.  I still find myself after being back at work for 5 weeks crying at least once a day.  I shut my door or walk to the bathroom when this happens.  I have found myself tearing up in a meeting and I just excuse myself for a moment to compose myself.  

If you can ease back, that is probably a good way to go! I wish I had that option.  I would have taken it if I could have.  (((Hugs))) 

Thinking of you!

Leslie 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"