Cloth Diapering
Options

Front load washer

Hey, I'm 6 weeks pregnant and expecting my first! I'm planning on using cloth diapers and have a couple friends that have been giving me tips and will be a huge support once LO comes along. I am hoping to make my own detergent with borax/oxiclean/etc as some of you and a friend has suggested. Can I put this in the detergent slot on my machine as I do with my regular everyday detergent? Or do I just throw a scoop in the machine itself with the diapers? Sorry if this is a silly question.. this is a whole new world to me and I have a lot to learn!!

BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Front load washer

• Options
    Yes, it'd be the same as regular detergent. In my particular machine there's a little "door" that you have to slide up for powders, so if you've got one of these, just make sure it's up for the powder! You'll also only need between 1-2 Tbsp of detergent for the diapers, not a whole scoop like you'd need for a regular load of clothes.

claudia poirier
    Little Dude: 16 Apr. 2009 | Little Doll: 10 Jun. 2012

• Options
    We have an LG front loader. Powdered detergent goes in the little detergent tray; we have to take out the liquid tray which sits over the powdered detergent tray, if that makes sense. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys!! I've never used powder detergent in mine, I'll have to take a look to see where it's supposed to go. Thank you for the help :)
    BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"