December 2010 Moms
Options

No idea what is wrong with him :(

I posted the other day about my son having a sudden temp and then a febrile seizure.  He had a low fever yesterday, and seemed tired.  Didn't eat or drink a whole lot either.  It almost seemed like his throat was bothering him because he was having trouble swallowing. 

There were a few periods where he would just cry and cry and it almost reminded me of the newborn days when they cried and you had no idea what they wanted.  Nothing was working with him - he didn't want to eat, drink or do anything.  But there were times when it seemed like he did want to eat and drink and tried but couldn't - maybe hurt too much?  

He seemed great all morning and even tried playing.  But about a half hour ago just lost it again.  He isn't a huge talker yet, but when he wants to eat he will go and point to what he wants or go to his high chair.  He would just stand in the hallway and cry and when I tried offering him food or something to drink he got hysterical!  

Last night was the worst before bed and calmed down instantly when I turned off his light and put the white noise on.  I swear he fell asleep in two seconds.

I just wish I knew what was wrong with him.  He drooled a lot yesterday and today, so part of me is wondering if this is all his teeth.  This is so hard not knowing! I can't wait until he is older and can just tell me what is wrong :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No idea what is wrong with him :(

• Options
    He had HFM back in May, and while I feel like this his how he was during it, I don't think it's a repeat of it. 
  • Options
    Maybe hand foot and mouth? If he has sores in his mouth it may be painful to eat and drink.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry, I guess I posted at the same time as your HFM post.
  • Options

I would probably make an appointment mama!  He might have strep or something.  I would feel better going in, even if it turned out to be nothing.  Hope he feels better soon!  It's so sad when they can't tell you anything and are sick. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OMG...I was putting him down for a nap and I think I saw those all too familiar pimple like spots on his hands.  I can't believe we are going to go through this again.  Serenity now!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

imagestar1123:
    OMG...I was putting him down for a nap and I think I saw those all too familiar pimple like spots on his hands.  I can't believe we are going to go through this again.  Serenity now!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no!! Poor guy. :( I'd make an appointment to get him checked out. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options

Yeah, I may call tomorrow.  Last time he had HFM they actually asked me to NOT bring him in.  I understand that since it is so highly contagious.  We'll see what they say. 

Sigh...

Deep breaths!!  I can do this...again!  

He started to get sick on Friday, fever Friday night so this is now the third day.  I'm trying to remember how long it lasted last time and I want to say maybe five days total.  But I do know this time could be a worse strain :(  

The format is the same though since last time he had a fever for two days and then the third day the sores.  

• Options
    Oh geez, I was gonna say HFM as well!! They can get it again??? Lord help us! I had both kids AND a DH with it a few weeks ago- utter hell!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    oh no! I was going to say, it sounds an awful lot like HFM. G had it a month or two ago and it was no fun. i'm sorry if it is that for you again!!! :( like i said in a previous post, we're dealing with a high fever as well and he's not too interested in eating or drinking either, so i'm hoping to god it's not HFM again for us either!
  • Options
    Oh no!!! when I read your post I immediately thought, "Sounds like when A had HFM," and then I read all of the response posts.  I think it still sounds like that, but of course it can be any virus that maybe has an accompanying sore throat.  I'm sure he will shake it soon, it might just be a rough week for you. I'm sorry Sad
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    lrn327lrn327 member
    Oh poor baby!  I hate that feeling of not being able to make it better. :-(  I'm no help at all but hope you can get some answers from the pedi tomorrow and that he's feeling better soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks so much ladies.  Our pediatrician has early morning walk in hours, and I'm going to take him in for that to see.  He did eat a bit more at dinner - some grapes and yogurt.  But he had a meltdown before dinner and it breaks my heart to see him so upset.  I think he just has to be beyond frustrated and I definitely get the feeling he must be hungry but just can't eat.  Especially to add in the fact that he's too young to fully explain what is wrong.  Hopefully we will get some answers at the pediatrician tomorrow. 

• Options

Just wanted to update for anyone who might be checking back.  Took him to the pedi this morning and he is fine.  The doctor said his throat does look a little sore but no strep, ear infection or HFM.  He still has these weird spots on his arm, but the dr didn't say much about it.  He said if anything it could possibly be a very light strain of HFM, but he doubts it.  He even said he was fine to go to daycare today if I needed to send him. 

• Options
    My first thought when you mentioned turning off the lights for bed and he was calm was migraine headaches. Perhaps look into that. I know when I get them quiet and darkness is the best thing ever. Hope he is doing well! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"