Nurseries and Baby Gear

graco travel system and a ?

This weekend my husband's co-worker gave us A TON of baby stuff including a Graco travel system and a Graco snap n go stroller. 

I had originally intended to get the Graco Snugride 30, a snap n go and a BOB Revolution SE.  I can't tell what type of carseat it is (it does not say Snugride on it, only Safety Seat). 

So I have a few questions for you carseat gurus

how will I know the weight limit for the carseat if I'm not sure exactly which one it is (there are so many on the website)

can I still get the Snugride carseat and use it with the Travel system and Graco base she gave me or do only the travel system seats fit their strollers?  I don't really want to play musical car seats but my original plan doesn't seem feasible anymore.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

Re: graco travel system and a ?

• Any snug ride seat will fit in the base. (provided you get the right seat/base combo. Make sure you don't buy a snug ride 30 seat, if your base is the regular snug ride) 

I would think the car seat would fit in the stroller.

Personally, I would not use a used car seat. I would buy that part new.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Sounds like you have an older version of the Snugride 32/35 car seat.  It is called Safeseat.  Does it look like this?  Specifically the "SafeSeat" on the right front of the car seat fabric.

The weight limit is 30 lbs, height is 32 inches.  They stopped making this seat in 2008 I believe so you might want to check the manufacture date.  There should be a white sticker on the side of the car seat.  Graco car seats exprie SIX years after the manufacture date.

You can get the Snugride 30, snugride 32 and snugride 35 car seat to use with the safeseat base.  The  snugride 22 car seat will not fit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • SPK926SPK926 member
    imagemuskiefan07:

how will I know the weight limit for the carseat if I'm not sure exactly which one it is (there are so many on the website) -- There should be a serial number and identification on the seat. Look on the sides and underneath for it. Call Graco and ask them for info about the seat. The seat will also have the date of manufacturing on it. Add 5 years to the date listed and that is when the seat expires. It doesn't expire 5 years from when it was first used, so go by the date of manufacturing. Many people won't use used car seats. While I agree I also think if you know and trust the people who gave you the seat and know 100% it was never in an accident, even a minor fender bender then you will be fine.

can I still get the Snugride carseat and use it with the Travel system and Graco base she gave me or do only the travel system seats fit their strollers?  I don't really want to play musical car seats but my original plan doesn't seem feasible anymore. Yes you can get any Graco seat and it will fit in the Graco stroller (ie: travel system). If she gave you a snugride 22 carseat and base and you get a snugride 30 then no the bases aren't compatible. If you buy a snugride 30 it will come with 1 base and if you want another you would have to buy the second one separately.

Hope that helps! Smile

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • How well do you know/trust these people? I would only use a used carseat from someone I know and trust well. Also, graco carseats expire on Dec 31 of the 6th year from manufacture (each manufacturer has different rules on expiration, so whatever brand you use you need to check their rules). I know my seat was manufactured 05/07 and may not be used after 12/31/2013 (which means if I want to use it for #3 I'm good, not sure if I'll bother or just go straight to a convertible yet). So if you trust these people and know that the seat has never been in an accident and that the harness straps have never been submerged in water or sprayed with anything stronger than dish soap (either of these weakens the harness straps and means you need to replace the harness; sadly most people don't know this and will bleach straps rendering them useless and have no clue) then I would double check date of manufacture and run the serial number by graco to check for recalls.

Some models have interchangeable bases with graco, others don't, so without knowing the model I can't give an answer for that.

As far as the stroller thing, I would still get your BOB. I'm pretty sure you can get an adaptor once you know the model. Otherwise you can hold off using the bob until the baby's a few months old then just put him/her right in the seat. Since you got a free stroller I'd skip the snap n go and just use the stroller. 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for all of your help.  The carseat looks like the one in the picture.  We trust the people we got the seat from but I'm not sure what year she got the seat. Her first was born in Nov 2008 (I'm not sure if she used it for him or not). 

I think we may just get a new car seat (Graco Snugride 32) and use it with the base.  I am definitely going to search the serial number.

Seriously, all of the answers are so helpful.  I really appreciate it.  As a FTM I feel like I'm in over my head (already - eek) sometimes!

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"