Adoption
Options

Is there anyone living in Ontario or Canada?

I just wanted to talk to some Canadians or people from my province that have or are pursuing adoption. If you are out there, let me know! :)

Re: Is there anyone living in Ontario or Canada?

• Options

I'm a lurker with zero experience. We are not in a place to adopt right now, but hope to either adopt or foster in the future. If we foster we will (obviously) be going through CAS, but if we adopt we are thinking of adopting out of Chicago (we know that biracial babies have a harder time finding homes in that city and both of our kids are biracial so it just made sense to us).

I'd like to listen in on any experience anyone has adopting in Ontario. My Googling for agencies has turned up next to nada.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options

Hi! Yay, there is somebody!

We are planning to start the process in a year so we are in pre-early stages. I have scoured all of the government websites about adoption. You can actually adopt through CAS as well which is what we plan to do. They have a listing of kids that are available and from what I can tell, there are biracial children. If you want the link to the website, send me a PM and I will send it to you with some more info. 

H and I have are both caucasian and have no preference about race. When I was reading from a few agencies, it mentioned that sometimes they like to match cultures, race, etc. I'm worried that I will see a profile for a kid that seems like a perfect fit and that we won't be allowed to be matched if we are not racially matched.

The pic of your family (in your siggy) is so beautiful. You are so blessed.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagespongebobsquarepanties:

Hi! Yay, there is somebody!

We are planning to start the process in a year so we are in pre-early stages. I have scoured all of the government websites about adoption. You can actually adopt through CAS as well which is what we plan to do. They have a listing of kids that are available and from what I can tell, there are biracial children. If you want the link to the website, send me a PM and I will send it to you with some more info. 

H and I have are both caucasian and have no preference about race. When I was reading from a few agencies, it mentioned that sometimes they like to match cultures, race, etc. I'm worried that I will see a profile for a kid that seems like a perfect fit and that we won't be allowed to be matched if we are not racially matched.

The pic of your family (in your siggy) is so beautiful. You are so blessed.

Hi!

I've looked at the CAS website, but I don't think we will foster to adopt. We are either planning to only foster, or to just adopt outright, and if we adopt from the outset we are interested in infant adoption.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options
    I'm in Canada.  But I am on the other side of the country in Alberta.
    I mostly just lurk on this board.  DH and I are likely going to adopt from foster care.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"