Trouble TTC

Would you go? **Update**

My cousin emailed me today to see if I am going to a family birthday party for another family member this week.  She seemed like she REALLY wanted to make sure I would be there and I have a feeling it is because she is pregnant and wants to tell the whole family at this gathering.

I just logged into pinterest and she has been pinning all kids of things to a "baby" board.  

Would you go to the family party even though you were pretty sure someone would be announcing they are pregnant?  The party is on a Wednesday evening so it would be easy for me to say I had to work late and couldn't go.  I would be very happy for my cousin if she is pregnant...but the fact that she is 4 years younger than me and just got married in the fall makes it a little tough to face.  

**Update**
My cousin called me last night on my way home from work to let me know she is pregnant.  I am happy I got the phone call first and didn't have to hear for the first time at the party tonight.  

It didn't come on the best day because we had our RE appointment yesterday as well.  The RE appointment went OK - basically what I expected - he confirmed my PCOS dx and annovulation and we will be doing a cycle of clomind 150 mg + trigger shot + IUI.  

I will be attending the party tonight - I just hope other relatives keep their comments about "when are you going to have kids" in check.  My family doesn't know about our IF (except my mom and SIL) and I don't want this to be the day they find out.

imageimage

TTC #1** Went off BCP July 2011

Me: 31 DH:31

Jan 2012 Dx PCOS by OB/Gyn

July 2012 - Tests with RE confirmed PCOS and annovulation

2 rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's using clomid + injectibles. 

Surprise BFP while on break cycle due to cysts.  It's a girl! Baby "E" born on Thanksgiving Day 11/28/13

Re: Would you go? **Update**

• I wouldn't decide until the day of the party.  Some days I feel fine around pregnant people, other days it feels like torture to be around them.  Good luck making your decision!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Honestly, yes I would go. I try really hard not to let my circumstances cloud my happiness for my family/close friends. (((hugs))))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • As you are anticipating that she will announce a pregnancy, you have some time to start to digest the info privately. If this is a close cousin, I would probably go, unless as pp stated you are having a really difficlt IF day that specific day. Even if you decide to skip the party, you still have to interact with this cousin at some point in the next 9 months, correct?

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 
    Dx: Fibroids & Tubal Infertility
                                                        9/12 -IVF#1 =BFN; 5/14 -IVF#2=BFP:-) EDD 2.19.2015                                                

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• image~~Chels&Ry~~:
    I wouldn't decide until the day of the party.  Some days I feel fine around pregnant people, other days it feels like torture to be around them.  Good luck making your decision!

This. If it was someone really close to you, I would go even if it was difficult. But if it is someone you aren't really close to, I'd go only if I felt up to it that day. It's true that we can't totally avoid others' pregnancies, but I think you also have to take care of yourself first.

TTC from May 2011 to Jan 2013. Due 9/11/13
  • image~~Chels&Ry~~:
    I wouldn't decide until the day of the party.  Some days I feel fine around pregnant people, other days it feels like torture to be around them.  Good luck making your decision!

This.  I just found out that my sister-in-law is TTC (for two whole months now!) and I'm so glad I have time to get used to the idea before she does.

* TTC since 2010; Me-36, DH-40
    * Diagnosis of PCOS in 2011 (suspected since teens)
    * Miscarraige September 2011; XY with Trisomy 15
    *November 2011 - January 2012 - 3 cycles of Femora - BFN x 3
    * 2/12 and 4/12 Tamoxifen - no response
    Planned to start Follistim for COH August '12 but...
    Surprise!! BFP! And it's a girl!!

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 5:9
    baby d'oh, no ID
    D'Oh!
  • Yes, I definitely think knowing ahead of time will help me in this situation.  She is a very close cousin so I really should be there to celebrate.  Plus only my mom and sister in law know of our IF so nobody will be looking at my reaction. 
    imageimage

TTC #1** Went off BCP July 2011

Me: 31 DH:31

Jan 2012 Dx PCOS by OB/Gyn

July 2012 - Tests with RE confirmed PCOS and annovulation

2 rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's using clomid + injectibles. 

Surprise BFP while on break cycle due to cysts.  It's a girl! Baby "E" born on Thanksgiving Day 11/28/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"