Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Command Strips - best way to hang wooden letters on wall?

Is this what you've used to hang cut-out wooden letters on the nursery walls? It seems like the best option, but I've never used them before.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Command Strips - best way to hang wooden letters on wall?

• Options
    Yes, I LOVE command strips. I have used them on basically every hanging wall piece (including the nursery wooden letters) in my home. I have a mirror in my guest bedroom hanging with them and it hasn't budged and it is quite a heavy mirror. Use a couple of them if you don't feel safe. But they are amazing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    For DD#1, we have her letters hung by a ribbon around the letter itself hung on a tiny pin nail. Haven't tried the command strips, but may look into that as we put the final touches together for the nursery for DD#2 due in ~4 weeks...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have used the command strips for a few things around my house. While they hold the items great when you take them off it's a disaster. It pulled all the paint off and did not come off in a clean strip. I had to use a razor blade to get all of the strip off the wall.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for your input!

Hmmm...I thought they were specifically designed not to damage the paint? That stinks! To be honest, I wouldn't be devastated if I had to touch up the paint a little once they come down. I just didn't want to put 7 holes in the wall. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've used command hooks on lots of things in my house and I love them. To get them off without damaging the wall, you have to pull slowly and just let it come off by itself - do NOT pull it off. It may take a minute but it will come off. I learned that after being impatient and damaging a wall myself. You may try it on a wall in a not-so-public area of your house if you're worried about it.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"