Pregnant after IF
Options

More menstrual cramps 29 weeks

Hi ladies. I've been feeling period like cramps since last night. They are mild and persistent. No pattern, nearly constant and not very painful but I've tries rest and water and they don't go away. Still waiting for a call back from my doc (over 2 hours now). I stopped in at L&D but it's a 3 hour wait minimum. Do you think I should get checked out? Or is this just normal at this stage. Thanks for your input
DS born 10/2008 TTC #2 since 8/2009 MFI and natural killer cell activation diagnosis IVF #4 = BFP!! Due 10/12!!

Re: More menstrual cramps 29 weeks

• Options
    I had some this weekend, and was at L&D for awhile, getting them under control. I ended up getting an injection of terbutaline and a script for procardia, and I'm 5 weeks past you. Since you're so early, I would definitely call your doctor again - talk to someone in person, explain that you're having preterm contractions at 29 weeks for x hours, have tried all of the things you mentioned, and need to see your doctor right away. Wait for them to find your doc (or another on-call doc), then see if they have a suggestion, and if they can get you into L&D right away. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i would also call your dr, or go to L&D and wait. menstrual-like cramps, even without a pattern, can be a sign of pre-term labor. i hope it's nothing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Not to contradict, but I had the same thing.  My OB said not to worry as it was probably Braxton Hicks.

He said if the pain was localized (mine was - always at the bottom of my ute, right above my pubic line) it was ok.

He said to worry if my entire ute started contracting and if the pain travelled to my back as well.

Definitely call your OB, but this could be quite normal, so try not to freak out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"