Nurseries and Baby Gear

Anyone have the LeapFrog My Pal Violet/Scout?

LO got My Pal Violet as a gift and I want to set it up for her so she can start playing with it.  I tried to set it up over the weekend and it didn't work.  I downloaded the software onto my Mac and when I plugged in the usb cable, my computer didn't recognize it.  I'm trying to figure out if I have a defective toy or if it doesn't work with a Mac (even though there's an option for Mac set-up).  

Anyone else go through this?   TIA!

Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image image
The third time was the charm!
BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d

Re: Anyone have the LeapFrog My Pal Violet/Scout?

• I have the Violet, DD loves that thing!  We didn't have any issues with it, though we used it with a PC.  Maybe try exchanging it at a store explaining that it's defective and see if you have the same issues with the second one.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have Scout and used it with my Mac with no problems.
    ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DS has Scout and loves him. The only problem we have with him is that he goes though batteries really fast!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We loaded it on a mac so I think you have a defective toy. DS loves his!

• Ds LOVES Scout. We loaded him on our Mac. Maybe try to look for him in the application rather than relying on plugging in the USB. Look for him under Leapfrog connect on the tool bar. I hope that helps. 
  • RizziBRizziB member

imageClaudiaStar21:
    Ds LOVES Scout. We loaded him on our Mac. Maybe try to look for him in the application rather than relying on plugging in the USB. Look for him under Leapfrog connect on the tool bar. I hope that helps. 

Thanks, I'll try!  If that doesn't work, I'm going to try DH's PC before sending it back as defective.   

Anniversary
    image image
    The third time was the charm!
    BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
    BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
    BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"