Maryland Babies
Options

Another daycare WWYD

I guess my question is:  is it worth 5 months in a not-so-great temporary daycare space and indefinitely driving the opposite way from work (15 minutes each way is kind of a lot when we already have an hour and 15 minute commute) for a daycare provider that my son loves and that we trust? Are they that hard to come by? Or, should we just keep looking?

Our daycare lady just got back from over 7 weeks in India. We had to find our own replacement care while she was gone. She is now back and her daycare has moved into the living room of her mom's house. (She moved out of her house the day before her trip and is in the process of building a new home.) She hopes to only be there until her house is completed and they are looking at closing by the end of the year, so about 5 months. 

Her mom's house is licensed to be a daycare, but basically the 4 kids will all be playing and hanging out in the same small living room for 10 hours a day. This is very different from the other place. The new place will also be nice, I'm sure, but it will be about 15 minutes each way in the opposite direction from our home and jobs. 

DS LOVES this provider though. He has known her since he was 8 weeks old, along with the other 3 kids there.  We met with another provider who lives a few houses down from us and while she seems nice and it would definitely be convenient, there just wasn't the "click" we and he have with his current provider. 

Re: Another daycare WWYD

• Options
    Totally worth it. A good childcare provider is hard to come by. You like her and so does E. Maybe her house will be done faster :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have to agree with Kendra! If you click with the other provider, then I would do anything to be with this person.

We love our currently DCP, she 10 minutes north of where we currently live and drive 20 minutes out of way each morning to take my kids to a daycare that they love, we even decided to pay more because I loved that she has her entire basement for her daycare, instead of just room one room in her house. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Do I understand it right that currently you commute 1 hour and 15 minutes. The daycare would be 15 minutes into the opposite direction? So that would mean a 1 hour and 45 minute commute each way?

If that is correct then I would say keep looking. This will add so much stress to your day, it wont work out in the long run

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"