September 2012 Moms

Rainy days!

They make a pregnant girl happy. We've had a rainy weekend and it's been so nice!  Nursery is almost done being painted(one more coat on trim). I am all caught up on laundry. With the cooler temps my rings still fit and I've been so comfortable. Does make the hips a little more achy. I think I am the only one who loves rainy days. Any one else love them? 

Re: Rainy days!

• Newt69Newt69 member
    I don't mind them as long as the humidity stays away but it hasn't. But I am also the same person who LOVES WINTER/SNOW.
  • I just want to say that I am jealous of your cooler temperatures. We are approaching 100 each day, and when it rains, it only makes it sticky. I stepped outside yesterday and immediately started dripping sweat. This is ridiculous! On another note, I am happy for you that your nursery is almost finished!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLindsayB8469:
    I don't mind them as long as the humidity stays away but it hasn't. But I am also the same person who LOVES WINTER/SNOW.

Me too! Love snow more than anything. DH and I go up to old forge every year. We have snowmobiles. I love upstate in the winter!  

• I am super jealous of your rainy weekend! I was telling DH last night how sick of AC I am getting this summer. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the AC but I love summer nights with the windows open and a breeze. We haven't had many of those. Andplusalso, all of our "rain" has come in awful thunderstorms which have been knocking people's power out left and right. I'd LOVE a cool gentle rainy day. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Newt69Newt69 member
    imageBethevans85:

imageLindsayB8469:

Me too! Love snow more than anything. DH and I go up to old forge every year. We have snowmobiles. I love upstate in the winter!  

never been to OLD FORGE but if you want a closer place to ride sleds you can do it on the Sacandaga Lake and trails around here. I live on the lake ( well across the street)...great trails, great restaurants. You would have to look up Southern Adirondack Snowmobile Club for trails. And you are only about 2-2.5hrs from home :)

• miss50miss50 member

imageLindsayB8469:

We too!  People think I am crazy!  I love the first snow of the year especially.

I love rainy days.  I usually like to be prepared for them.  You know...movies, snacks, all that fun stuff.  When you don't leave the house at least you don't feel like a complete piece of crap.

I haven't had a new winter coat in over ten years...ya'll have me excited about a new coat I saw at ***'s this weekend.  Is it ok to add this to the baby registry?   

• imageLindsayB8469:
    imageBethevans85:

imageLindsayB8469:

never been to OLD FORGE but if you want a closer place to ride sleds you can do it on the Sacandaga Lake and trails around here. I live on the lake ( well across the street)...great trails, great restaurants. You would have to look up Southern Adirondack Snowmobile Club for trails. And you are only about 2-2.5hrs from home :)

I will def tell my DH about it. We own property in Oneida Co close to the tug hill trails but we don't have a cabin up or anything. We had no snow last year and I got a new sled. I cannot wait to ride. I need to find a baby sitter so I can just go out for an hour or two.  Old Forge is pretty awesome too. But far. 4-5 hours for us. 

• Rainy days make the BEST nap days!!!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejfor5367:
    Rainy days make the BEST nap days!!!  :)

Yes This! We tend to get lots of them in Oregon! However this summer has been hot and humid.. with some off cloudy days. I am SO ready for October-December fall and cold season :) 

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do but we went practically a month with no rain and it was awful. One of the best things about summer are the storms I think, so it's been kind of sad without them! Andplusalso I'm so big and tired that I don't mind the break from having to take my kids outside lol. I feel too guilty keeping them inside on nice days.
    DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • I loveeee rainy days and we haven't had one here where I live in a couple of months! We have had a little sprinkle here and there but it's so dry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"