High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Pregnant with Lupus

I found out I'm about 4 weeks on Monday and I'm scared. Being a mom is the ONE thing that I have wanted for my whole life and now that my dream is coming true, I'm lost. I have great docs who all gave me a thumbs up to start trying and my husband is over the moon with giddiness. But the one thing I pray about every night is that I make it to 36 weeks.

I have SLE with kidney damage and Avascular Necrosis in my right hip. I do not want to mess this up, so I worry that I'm doing something wrong. I want all the tests now.  I want to hear the heart beat now. I want to see our baby on an Ultrasound now. Patience has never been a strength, but I just don't want to mess this up. My family and friends keep telling me that worrying will only increase the already high blood pressure. But I feel lost.

Re: Pregnant with Lupus

• Options

Wow, this is a weird coincidence. This is my first time on the baby boards and I was curious if there happened to be anyone with lupus! I have SLE and my rheumatologist just gave me the thumbs up to start TTC. I don't have any advice for you, except I know I will be a nervous wreck if/when I get pregnant. Have you read this blog:  https://www.despitelupus.blogspot.com/search/label/pregnancy? She has gone through two successful pregnancies with SLE. Let me know if you need to talk and good luck!

ETA: I just realized you're in Cordova! I live in Nashville! 

• Options
    Hi ladies - I am 21 weeks pregnant with my first child and also have SLE with Liver complications. I've been so scared and nervous this entire time that the medications I'm still on will have an adverse reaction to the baby's growth. So far everything looks great. We had a scare at 6/7 weeks but everything turned out fine I was so nervous about miscarrying with our increased risk so we didn't start telling people until well after 15 weeks. Now at 21 weeks I'm finally starting to relax and allow myself to be excited. I am still on prednisone, plaquenil, and imuran. I had to stop taking mobic in order to get pregnant. My frist trimester I was nauseous 24/7 but no lupus symptoms, fatigue or pain. Once the morning sickness wore off the lupus issues came back with a vengeance. Everyone is different though so you may not have any issues or it may be worse.  I am happy to chat any time and answer questions. Its good to be able to talk to others going through the similar situation. Good luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! I was wondering what kind of lupus symptoms started in your 2nd trimester? I'm so worried about having a flare during pregnancy or after birth!
  • Options
    Symptoms that returned were joint pain, inflammation and weakness. I've had 2 episodes where I could not walk for a few days because it was so bad. Typically if this was to happen without being pregnant Dr would increase my meds and possibly give me a cortisone shot. A lot of general malaise and flu like symptoms - sore throat, foggy brain, headaches, entire body aches and extreme fatigue. Its odd I can decipher pregnancy fatigue from lupus fatigue. I wonder if its the same for others. Battling a cold off and on too - due to our weakened immune systems. I have good days and bad. Even while on a relaxing vacation a week ago I had a day where I just had to go back to bed I was so weak and tired.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! I hope that your pregnancy gets easier and Lupus stays quiet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"