Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Poop Color Concern

So I already called the pedi's office and left a message (they are closed for lunch) but I thought I might get some opinions from here while I wait. My DS poop has pretty much been the standard yellow-tanish since he was born. It was definitely more yellow when I was EBFing him. We have now switched to formula (Similac) and have been on it for about 2 weeks. When I just changed his diaper his poop was a much different color...almost like a green-gray color. Is this normal for a formula fed baby? Thanks in advance for any opinions!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Poop Color Concern

• DS is formula fed and his diapers are usually a dark green color. I believe the green is from the iron in the formula. His dr has said the only colors to be concerned with are red, black, and I forget the other one...but it sounds like it's normal!
    Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think white is the other color to worry about.

My DS is formula fed and usually has dark green stool, as well. It hasn't mattered what kind of formula; it's pretty much been dark green or slightly tan with everything.

• Loading the player...
  • My doc also said red, black, and white were the only colors to worry about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"