Trouble TTC

Netflix?

Can anyone with netflix tell me if Trublood is available with instant stream?  We canceled it a couple years ago, but with our IVF cycle coming up, I was hoping to find something to help me pass the time.  I recently read the sookie stackhouse books, so I was looking to watch trublood.  Sadly, we dont have hbo :(
"Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
(plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Re: Netflix?

• I searched for it and it doesn't show up.
  • Thanks!  I'll save my money then!  Maybe I can talk DH into getting HBO just for a month lol.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe if you're lucky, they'll give you a free trial. My mom called and asked for one once and we ended up having free hbo for a year because they forgot to take it off.
  • Sorry- sadly, no. HBO does not put any of their original content online unless you either have an HBO subscription already or pay to buy the episodes or seasons off of Amazon (I think it's $3 per episode or about $35 per season). We have never had HBO but don't have cable anymore either and use Netflix and HuluPlus.

When DH and I have a show that we want to watch but it isn't available to stream, we buy the season on DVD, watch it over the course of a few weeks, then go trade it in at a store called MovieStop. They give you money for your used DVDs and they usually pay about $10-15 dollars for a season I originally paid $30 for, depending on how popular the show is. They also sell used DVDs so sometimes we find TV seasons cheaper there.

So we still pay out of pocket to watch the show, but you can watch the whole season for about $20 instead of the $15 per month for a few months to watch one season on a subscription channel. We only do this a couple times per year because there is still a ton to watch on Netflix.

You could also ask your friends if any of them have the DVDs. One of my friends is a diehard True Blood fan, and she lets me borrow them and I let her borrow things of mine that she likes in return.

TTC from May 2011 to Jan 2013. Due 9/11/13
  • imagesundowner85:

Sorry- sadly, no. HBO does not put any of their original content online unless you either have an HBO subscription already or pay to buy the episodes or seasons off of Amazon (I think it's $3 per episode or about $35 per season). We have never had HBO but don't have cable anymore either and use Netflix and HuluPlus.

When DH and I have a show that we want to watch but it isn't available to stream, we buy the season on DVD, watch it over the course of a few weeks, then go trade it in at a store called MovieStop. They give you money for your used DVDs and they usually pay about $10-15 dollars for a season I originally paid $30 for, depending on how popular the show is. They also sell used DVDs so sometimes we find TV seasons cheaper there.

So we still pay out of pocket to watch the show, but you can watch the whole season for about $20 instead of the $15 per month for a few months to watch one season on a subscription channel. We only do this a couple times per year because there is still a ton to watch on Netflix.

You could also ask your friends if any of them have the DVDs. One of my friends is a diehard True Blood fan, and she lets me borrow them and I let her borrow things of mine that she likes in return.

OOH! I never thought about the resale stores!!  We have some of those around here, I'll try that first.  Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • imagemegs3084:

OOH! I never thought about the resale stores!!  We have some of those around here, I'll try that first.  Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Yay! I hope you find something you like. Last time I was in MovieStop I ended up with a box set of PeeWee's Playhouse. My favorite show from childhood! Geeked

TTC from May 2011 to Jan 2013. Due 9/11/13
  • Ebay would be another option where you can sometimes find a nice deal on some dvds.
    imageimage After 2 years of trying with PCOS, 7 rounds of Clomid/Femara, and 2 early miscarriages, we finally found success. :) Due on April 24, 2013! Beta 1 (16 dpo): 477, Beta 2 (19 dpo): 1568, Beta 3 (21 dpo): 3560 Aug 24 - 5w ultrasound - 1 8mm gestational sac Aug 31 - 6w ultrasound - 1 empty 15 mm gestational sac - possible blighted ovum - Beta 41,716 Sept 7 - 7w ultrasound - 2 sacs, heart beats, and fetal poles - TWINS!! Baby A measuring 6w4d, Baby B measuring 6w6d BabyFruit Ticker
  • Come over to my IL's house....they have HBO and we loooooove Trublood over here :)
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"