Trouble TTC
Options

Troube keeping my mind off Infertility

I have been diagnosed with PCOS. Every person i have seen with PCOS has not been able to get pregnant just on medicines. They always have to do something else. I am on Metformin and this is my fourth week being on it. I am just feeling so discouraged. I know the medicine isnt supossed to work right away but i just have this horrible feeling that its going to take more. Once your ready to have a baby 9 months is long enough to wait. I have friends having their second child since i started trying!!! Im such a planner and now there is nothing left to plan. Just wait for the next cycle wait 2 or 3 weeks until i can even think about doing anything and even then im not sure. I just dont know how to calm myslef down. Planning is what calms me down but there is nothing else to plan. Im going a little insane. I feel like there is always a waiting period always something prolonging all of this. As if it wasnt bad enough just being diagnosed with something that causes you to be infertile you have to wait forever and a day for anything to happen. And thats your own bodies doing. I know im kinda ranting right now but nobody i talk to is helping they just dont understand. They all tell me to calm down and let it be but when youve already been trying forever then to be told your worst night mare has happened then to have to wait for anything to kick in. It is the most madening thing ever!!!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Troube keeping my mind off Infertility

• Options

Paragraphs are your friend.

How long have you been TTC? Do you ovulate? How were you dx'ed with PCOS?

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options

I find that it is impossible to keep my mind off infertility, so I spent hours everyday researching different aspects of it. It doesn't really help my impatience, but it has made me a lot more knowledgeable. 

Yep, IF sucks. 

Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have multiple friends with PCOS who have conceived without medical intervention. One was an oops pregnancy, and the other one has 2 girls that she conceived by being on met, eating low carb and tracking her fertility. That being said, I also have PCOS and I still don't ovulate, even when on met and improving my diet, which is why I've done 2 IUIs. It just depends on the body I guess. 
    **Bonnie**
    Married Sept 13, 2009
    TTC since Jan 2010
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS Oct 2010
    1500mg metformin
    SA 05/25/11 morphology @ 10%
    HSG 06/02/11, tubes were clear, uterine septum discovered
    06/30/11 Hysteroscopy, found a polyp blocking R fallopian tube
    07/20/11 Successful surgery to remove polyp and uterine septum!
    Sept/Oct cycle-Femara IUI turned into TI cycle= cancelled due to unresponsive follies
    09/28/11: dx w/ MTHFR (cc)
    10/22/11: IUI #1 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+ diluted hcg shots= BFN :-(
    03/25/12: IUI #2 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+progesterone= BFN
    Starting to pursue adoption
  • Options
    I also know people that have conceieved even without meds with PCOS.  Try not to stress right now, sounds like you are just starting to get into treatment.  I know it is hard when you want something so bad.  I totally get the bad feelings associated with people having second children, most of my friends are now done having children :(   It is really depressing.  Try to find a hobby, something you like to do that will take your mind off of things.  Also use this time to get really healthy, and read up on things as much as you can so you will be aware of all your options when the time comes. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since April 2010
    Diagnosed w/PCOS as a teen
    Aug 2011 dx MFI
    Oct 2011 referral to RE 1500mg Met
    5 Rounds of Clomid
    On waiting list for injects/IUI
    P/SAIF Welcome
  • Options

Why are you so worried about infertility when you just posted a BFP on BOTB?

Wannabe Infertile is revolting and you don't belong here.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    imageDebateThis:

Why are you so worried about infertility when you just posted a BFP on BOTB?

Wannabe Infertile is revolting and you don't belong here.

Wow, that is low. She obviously wants to hang with us cool kids :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since April 2010
    Diagnosed w/PCOS as a teen
    Aug 2011 dx MFI
    Oct 2011 referral to RE 1500mg Met
    5 Rounds of Clomid
    On waiting list for injects/IUI
    P/SAIF Welcome
  • Options
    ksfryeksfrye member
    imagemaggie2324:

I find that it is impossible to keep my mind off infertility, so I spent hours everyday researching different aspects of it. It doesn't really help my impatience, but it has made me a lot more knowledgeable. 

Yep, IF sucks. 

This exactly!  The only time I don't think about IF is when I'm sleeping and sometimes...it even takes over my dreams. 

Happily married Since May 2008. TTC#1 Since May 2010.
    Me: 29, Mild DOR
    DH: 31, SE mostly normal, 1st SE morph 5%, 2nd SE morph 15%...yeah!.
    BFP July 2011, Natural MC August 2011.
    3 cycles of 50mg Clomid = BFN
    *New RE* Feb/Mar 2012 100 mg Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    *3rd RE* April-June -Break Cycles begin prep for IVF by doing 2 Heparin injects daily....fun fun!
    IVF #1 - ER 7/19, ET 7/24, 2 beautiful embies transferred. Beta 8/2 = BFN
    *New RE...yes again* FET Nov 2012 with our lone ranger = BFFN
    RE Suggests Trying IUI Again, Jan. 2013 IUI #2 =BFN
    Feb. 2013 IUI #3 = BFP!!!, Beta #1 (15dpIUI) = 90, Beta #2 (17dpIUI) = 210, U/S Scheduled for 3/18
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"