Nurseries and Baby Gear

Help choosing a carrier...

I was set on the ergo, after hearing so many people rave about it. But now I'm second guessing it, for those who have it or bought something else instead...is the ergo back too short once the baby gets bigger? My guy is 8 months and a wiggler, so I need something that will hold him in. I am looking at the Beco too...but worried that might be too confined? All the pics look like little babies. Anyone with an older baby still do well in the beco? And if you went with beco, butterfly or gemini and what's the big difference?

As you can see I'm lost in the choices, thx in advance!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help choosing a carrier...

• LO is almost 16 months and 30 lbs.  He still fits in the Ergo, no problem.

Hope that helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I still use our Ergo with my 3 year old DD and 17 month old DS. They both seem to fit comfortably in it and occasionally my DD will fall asleep while in it! So for us it was a great purchase.

I don't have any experience with the Beco but I've seen a new one that appears to be made from "UnderArmour" type material so I think I'm going to get that to use as well for this LO.

image DD Kara Ashton 11/16/01 SD Karlee Nicole 11/04/00 DD Karsyn Joy 5/15/09 DS Connor Mack 2/25/11 DD Kaitlyn Mae 12/14/12 2 angels 6/2/08 and 6/9/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is 23 pounds.  DH prefers to use the Ergo sport, but I love my beco.  I find the straps to fit me more comfortably.  DS is a pretty big baby, but he fits just fine.  I have the butterfly.  It only does front and back carry.

This should help.

https://www.theportablebaby.com/carrierfeatures.html

• I don't have any experience yet but I am going to register for the Boba 3G. It is higher than other ones and everything I have read about it has been great. I tried it on this weekend and really liked it. I used the above link that PP posted for research.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesoontobemrs.boulet:

I still use our Ergo with my 3 year old DD and 17 month old DS. They both seem to fit comfortably in it and occasionally my DD will fall asleep while in it! So for us it was a great purchase.

I don't have any experience with the Beco but I've seen a new one that appears to be made from "UnderArmour" type material so I think I'm going to get that to use as well for this LO.

interesting! can you send a link where you saw this? I don't see it on their website. thx!

• Have you looked at the Boba? We are very happy with it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for all the replies everyone. Sounds like it would be easier if I could find somewhere to try one on! Is there any stores (BRU?) that carry them to try on? It looks like that and Target are the only stores around me that carry the Ergo. And I've never seen the Beco or Boba anywhere.

Thank you for the comparision chart, that should help!

• Definitely go somewhere you can try them. The different ergo styles fit slightly different (original, performance, sport). I ended up with performance because of the material and it fit me well. I tried the beco Gemini and hated the buckles. I wouldn't have known that if I just ordered it online.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"