December 2010 Moms
Options

~~Mands629~~Re:City Select Stroller

Sorry I did not see your ? from last night about the city select stroller. 

"Do you find it a PITA to fold and put in your car? When I briefly looked at them a 2 different places, one sales person said that it can fold down with 2 seats still attached and the other store told me that you have to remove one of the seats/adaptor first to fold it down.  But each place seemed to say the City Mini Double was easier to fold. "

You can not fold it with both seat on it but you can with one.  The seats take less than 5 seconds to get on and off.  It is not a pain at all.  It folds up much smaller without the seats on so I always take them both off since it is so easy!   I just leave the attachments for the second seat on and take the seat itself and car seat adaptor.  This stroller is worth every penny!  If you are looking at buying it and want to save some $ look on Ebay for a new one.  That is where I got mine and we saved $100 and it was new in the box!  

As for OSC's concern about the seat being to small.  They can be adjusted to lengthen the leg rests and make the canopy higher.  I have ours set on the smallest setting for both right now and Audrina has tons of room!  I think a 5 year old would fit in the seat with no problems. (Unless they are huge!)

The basket on this stroller is amazing!  I walk to the grocery store and got 3 bags of food and it all with with no problems under the stroller and it was still easy to push.  It pushes so easy ( It is a little harder when the light kid is in the back) but still easier than any normal stroller I have ever pushed!  I love that there are so many different ways to put the seat and that you can change them around in seconds!  Another thing to think about it that if you want a 3rd child a glider board can be purchased and you can hold all 3 kids!

All I have is good things to say about my purchase.  One thing to think about if you are considering the citymini double is that it is wider and hard to shop with in some stores. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ~~Mands629~~Re:City Select Stroller

• Options
    Sorry, lurky loo.  I also cannot say enough good things about my City Select.  BTW, my niece who is five and pretty tall fit in the top seat comfortably.  Actually, she slept in it for about an hour.  I put the canopy on the higher setting and she was fine.  It's so much easier than any other double stroller I've tried.  It sets up and goes down in a snap.  You can make it even smaller for your car when you take the wheels off.  I bought my in early 2011 so it was a 2010 markdown.  I got one with two seats for $400.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Took make it fold fold for the airline travel you would just need to removed 1 seat(if you have 2 seats on) or the carseat adaptor if that is what you are using at the time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"