Nurseries and Baby Gear

Stoller question- City Mini

We have the city mini and a Graco Snugride 35.  I am trying to decide if I need to get the infant seat adapter or not.  At what age can the baby go directly into the stroller and not be in the infant car seat?  In the beginning I plan on wearing her most of the time when we are out in public and I don't want to spend $60 if it really is not going to be necessary, but if it is I want to be able to get it when I finish up shopping with my registry completion discount.  Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stoller question- City Mini

• The back o the Citi Mini reclines completely so theoretically it can be used by an infant from day 1.  However you would probably want to get some kind of neck support if you were going to try this.  Going this route wasn't for us, we still go the adapter (we used the Chicco one) because there were a LOT of times the baby was sleeping and I wanted to take the infant seat out and just snap it into the stroller.  I also planned to do a lot of baby wearing, but I found it inconvenient in the early stages because I would have to wake her up, get her out of the seat, into the carrier, etc....and if she fell asleep while we were out, I'd screw it all up again once I had to get her back into the carseat.

With the adapter, I could get her in and out without disrupting the nap. 

• imageLaSorella:

The back o the Citi Mini reclines completely so theoretically it can be used by an infant from day 1.  However you would probably want to get some kind of neck support if you were going to try this.  Going this route wasn't for us, we still go the adapter (we used the Chicco one) because there were a LOT of times the baby was sleeping and I wanted to take the infant seat out and just snap it into the stroller.  I also planned to do a lot of baby wearing, but I found it inconvenient in the early stages because I would have to wake her up, get her out of the seat, into the carrier, etc....and if she fell asleep while we were out, I'd screw it all up again once I had to get her back into the carseat.

Exactly this. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLaSorella:

The back o the Citi Mini reclines completely so theoretically it can be used by an infant from day 1.  However you would probably want to get some kind of neck support if you were going to try this.  Going this route wasn't for us, we still go the adapter (we used the Chicco one) because there were a LOT of times the baby was sleeping and I wanted to take the infant seat out and just snap it into the stroller.  I also planned to do a lot of baby wearing, but I found it inconvenient in the early stages because I would have to wake her up, get her out of the seat, into the carrier, etc....and if she fell asleep while we were out, I'd screw it all up again once I had to get her back into the carseat.

Exactly this. 

• imageLaSorella:

Exactly this. 

• imageLaSorella:

Exactly this. 

• imageLaSorella:

Exactly this. 

• From day one, no neck support needed, newborn mode is in the fully reclined position. Personal choice to use the car seat adaptor or not, my preference is not. If you're on the fence, try and find a second hand one on Craigslist or at a consignment shop, then you've not spent on an item that may only get occasional use.
  • We have the City Mini with no adaptor. DD HATES her car seat, so it's nice to still be able to use a stroller and not have her freak out. We got a Snuzzler to put in the stroller to snug her in there a little more. I actually keep the CM at home and wear DD whenever we are out, even if I have to wake her up because inevitably she will wake up in a store and scream her head off when she finds she's still in her car seat. She goes back to sleep pretty quickly if I need to transfer her from car to carrier. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We used both---I reclined the seat when we'd go places like the park etc where I wanted to use the sunshade and/or not have the weight of the carseat. We'd put him on the adapter when we'd be places like the mall etc where I wanted easy access to him and be able to move him without waking him.
  • Thanks everyone! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the City Mini Double... I assume it's similar to the city mini. I bought, and returned, the car seat adaptor because I thought it was huge and didn't secure very well. I just put DS directly in the stroller at about 6-8 weeks with the seat reclined and it worked well. Before that, I just used a carrier.
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think getting the adapter beats the hassle of having to move a sleeping baby.We loved ours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"