May 2012 Moms
Options

Back to work in one week....

So sad...back to work in one week.  The good thing is that I'm only a part-time nurse and work 2 12-hour shifts a week.  The hard part is that I work 3am-3pm and DH works afternoon shift.....doing the evening rituals by myself is going to be tough.....especially on the days I work (we have a 3 YO DS too!)  Anyone else back to work soon??

Re: Back to work in one week....

• Options

I told my boss I could return this Saturday (the 4th) & work Saturday thru Tuesday each week. Don't know what my shifts will look like since I told him I can work anytime between 6am & 10pm. I have a feeling I'll be taking care of DD myself every night except for Sunday & Monday night - unless I work late Monday & Tuesday, then I'll probably still take care of her. DH has Mondays & Tuesdays off, works 10:30am - 7:30pm Wednesday thru Friday & then 7am - 4pm Saturday & Sunday. 

I'm happy to go back to work because it'll get me out of this house more plus we'll have a little bit more money. I would have liked to have another month off like planned (for a total of 3) but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! I just know I'll miss this kiddo! 

• Options
    I go back on the 6th... I think I'm going to use som, vacation days to work 1/2 days the first week, but I'm completely dreading it. After that, it's 40+ hours a week.  I feel like I'm abandoning my baby girl.. ughh, these 3 months have gone by way way too fast!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    k4slr6k4slr6 member
    I went back last Tues.  I was dreading it big time.  It makes the evenings shorter and the awake time a lot less.  But, this weekend we snuggled a lot so that helped.  I did all of the bathing etc by myself before DH got in anyways so nothing has changed with that.  It was easier than I thought it would be and the days at work fly by.  My hour lunches seem like an eternity since I am used to chowing down one handed whenever I can get a minute. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Options
    ElinJElinJ member

I go back the 13th, and I'm very sad.  My schedule is a bit up in the air.  I normally work a "compressed" schedule, with 2 days that are 14 hours long.  I was having so much anxiety over how LO would do on those days (we're EBFing) because it's one thing to take a few bottles a day if I worked an 8 hr day, but 14 hours is a LONG time.  Then I got info that my schedule make change to a normal 40hr week.  Then... I found out it may not.  So, the "up in the air" part of not knowing what type of schedule I'll be doing has me really stressed as well.

I'm going to try and savor these final two weeks as much as I can! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I go back the 25th of august and am totally dreading it. I will miss her so much
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"