Nurseries and Baby Gear

End of model year stroller sales?

I feel like by this time last summer there had been several online sales for the UPPAbaby Vista 2011 models. I haven't seen any sales yet on 2012's. I know that most sales will be once they release the 2013 models, but I'm hoping to find a great deal before mid-Oct. Any hope?

ETA: Just looked up dates of the ABC Kids Expo, when they typically release info on new stroller models and it's not until Oct. 14-17 this year. Shoot, my due date is the 18th. I wonder if I can hold off on getting a stroller for a few weeks after baby #3 is due to wait for sales... hmmm....

M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: End of model year stroller sales?

• They release the new info in October, but the companies generally don't drop MAP for months after that. I don't anticipate seeing much changes in the Vista since it was just changed. Maybe just a new color...Bugaboo is currently on sale because the new one comes out next month. If you can wait until Dec or January you have a chance of finding a discontinued color on sale, but definitely not more than that for Vistas.
  • sdb421sdb421 member

imageGirlWithTheMostCake:
    They release the new info in October, but the companies generally don't drop MAP for months after that. I don't anticipate seeing much changes in the Vista since it was just changed. Maybe just a new color...Bugaboo is currently on sale because the new one comes out next month. If you can wait until Dec or January you have a chance of finding a discontinued color on sale, but definitely not more than that for Vistas.

Didn't sites like Gilt and Zulily have multiple UPPA sales last summer? I think that Gilt had one in July and Zulily offered 2011's about two weeks after 2012 info was released at the kids expo. Is there something different this year, where discount sites won't be offering these sales?

M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought our UBV from albeebaby on 10/18 last year. That was after the 1st Gilt sale and before the price drop on Amazon. Price dropped by about an additional $75 after we purchased, so I doubt you will get the best price in October.  We did not go out a whole lot the first couple weeks so could have gotten by without a stroller but having other kiddos, I don't know if that would change your experience.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imagesdb421:

They release the new info in October, but the companies generally don't drop MAP for months after that. I don't anticipate seeing much changes in the Vista since it was just changed. Maybe just a new color...Bugaboo is currently on sale because the new one comes out next month. If you can wait until Dec or January you have a chance of finding a discontinued color on sale, but definitely not more than that for Vistas.

Didn't sites like Gilt and Zulily have multiple UPPA sales last summer? I think that Gilt had one in July and Zulily offered 2011's about two weeks after 2012 info was released at the kids expo. Is there something different this year, where discount sites won't be offering these sales?

I'm pretty sure the UPPA had a fairly major redesign last year, so they were anxious to clear out the older model - hence the sales on Gilt, Zulily, etc.  This year, there aren't expected to be major changes, so while you might see a clearance color on those sites, it's a lot less likely. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I considered the same thing when we bought our city select.  The new 2011's were coming out so I was thinking of holding off until the 2010's went on sale but the new version didn't arrive in stores until month's after the ABC Expo.  I think the Expo was in Oct 2010 and then the 2011 version arrived in stores in Feb/March.  Even then the discount on the 2010 wasn't that big.  Another reason for the minimal discount was because there were not many changes to the 2011 version compared to the 2010.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagesdb421:

No, it was after the show and only because Uppababy screwed up and had major excess inventory of what would soon be their old model. That's highly unusual and only was given to discount sites to off their excess of the old model and make room for the new model. That would never have happened for starters if there wasn't a new model and then if they hadn't over ordered from their factory to meet priority in the factory. With that brand you shouldn't expect anything like that this year. No changes will be expected on the model. They may discontinue a color though or add a new one, but that's it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"