C-sections
Options

2 week post partum question..

Anyone else noticing that they are very COLD?  I'm not sure if this is associated with the c-section, or just having given birth in general, or from nursing, or if it has something to do with the fact that my iron has been very low (but, they started me on prescription iron tablets and have been taking them 2x daily..).. but, several times a day I break out in uncontrollable chills.. I end up putting on a sweatshirt and laying underneath my down comforter to try and get warm.. I should mention, it's been 90+ degrees here, too!! Granted, I have the air on, but we keep the house around 76-77, so definitely not chilly enough to be causing me to break out in these freezing cold spells!!

I don't think I'm running a fever -- I've had DH feel my head and he says I feel fine.. I know, not the most medically accurate method :-P  Also, I usually end up soaked in sweat, too.. despite shivering and feeling so cold.. like, for instance.. I laid back down at 7am.. put on a hoodie sweatshirt over top my nursing tank, and curled under the down comforter.. shivered for a good 20 minutes.. fell asleep.. woke up at 8, my nursing tank is soaked in sweat.. but, I still feel cold..

Is this just hormonal?  Something I should call the doc about?  Anyone else experiencing it??  Thanks!!

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!

Re: 2 week post partum question..

• Options
     does your incision seem like it could be infected? I had some drainage from mine and my doc asked about chills and fever as signs of infection. Is it red and swollen or draining at all? I would call your doc-those chills seem extreme to me, i've never experienced that after 2 c sections
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was hot then cold hot then cold after my C-section and once I got home I was mostly cold. I think it has to do with the loss of blood, you lose I think 2 to 3 times more blood during a csection. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hormones.  I was more super-hot than anything, but I would have periods of feeling extremely cold.  Your "temperature" should even out by 6wks PP.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"