November 2011 Moms

Controversial Topic #5

Last one for the day.....

Illegal immigration...... annnnndd go!

Re: Controversial Topic #5

• I just want to say that I'm 100% for LEGAL immigration. Living in a border state, I see the sad side of illegal immigration. Many families will pay coyotes a good sum of money to bring them illegally into the states. Once here, the coyotes keep the person hostage until they get more and more money. It brings drugs and violence, and more people to care for and educate that are not paying taxes. I feel that all people who want to come here to have a better life should, but do it legally, just like all our ancestors.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I really feel there is no good solution that has been put on the table to curb illegal immigration. Build a fence? Rediculous. Round them all up and send them home? Unfeasible. 

I really feel conflicted when you start thinking of people not paying taxes, stealing SSN, uninsured drivers, unpaid ER visits, crowding of our jails...ect. Also thinking about the children who are caught up in this mess. It's not their fault. You also have to think of the work done by illegals. If you paid a legal worker minimum wage the cost of a lot of things would increase. Are people willing to pay more? Are there American citizens willing to go pick strawberries (for example)? I just don't know.

• Loading the player...
  • imagealysson.lawless:
    I just want to say that I'm 100% for LEGAL immigration. Living in a border state, I see the sad side of illegal immigration. Many families will pay coyotes a good sum of money to bring them illegally into the states. Once here, the coyotes keep the person hostage until they get more and more money. It brings drugs and violence, and more people to care for and educate that are not paying taxes. I feel that all people who want to come here to have a better life should, but do it legally, just like all our ancestors.

I agree. However, the only thing I think might be able to be done with people who are already here illegally is offer citizenship for a period of time to apply. Anyone with a criminal record gets sent to their home country everyone else becomes an American citizen. Then crack down on the borders and send anyone illegal home as they are found.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think we need tighter control. How? I don't know but it drives me nuts the amount of illegal people we have. I'm not against them being here, but they should be so legally. 

• imagealysson.lawless:
    I just want to say that I'm 100% for LEGAL immigration. Living in a border state, I see the sad side of illegal immigration. Many families will pay coyotes a good sum of money to bring them illegally into the states. Once here, the coyotes keep the person hostage until they get more and more money. It brings drugs and violence, and more people to care for and educate that are not paying taxes. I feel that all people who want to come here to have a better life should, but do it legally, just like all our ancestors.

This x 100000

• I think if you are here illegally you should be sent back to your country. If you want to live here then you should go through the process like everyone else that comes into this country wanting to live here. Lots of other countries aren't so nice about this.

• imagealysson.lawless:
    This exactly
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagealysson.lawless:

Technically, I agree with you. I'm perfectly happy to have new blood in the country, but do it properly. However, I also recognize what a mess the path to legal immigration is. So I guess I also understand *why* someone might choose to come illegally, better to risk deportation than spend years in your home country waiting. Some of these people are coming from places where their very lives are in peril.

And to make a point, let's be honest with ourselves. Our European ancestors did not come here legally. They stole the land from the Native Americans. Making reparations by giving their people reservations to live on doesn't negate that fact.

Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • i entered legally... but my dh and i haven't started the paperwork just yet! (been almost 2 years since we got married)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"