Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Easy to use convertible carseat?

I need recs for a simple easy to use convertible carseat... DS is tall but mostly legs so I'm not worried about height, weight I want RF to 40 lbs. We need a seat for both my Rogue and DH's truck... I was going to get the myride but after we tried it in my car we both hated it... not sure if its the pillows or what but it was just too hard to get DS in and out.. he's a squirmy kid and fights it sometimes and while in my car its usually fine to get him into the snugride we've got now... DH has an F350 with only a front bench seat and I have to hoist myself into it b/c its so tall... so trying to finagle squirmy kid into a seat w/ all sorts of stuff in the way when its hard enough just to reach that high to begin with... and DH isn't very patient with the gear. I have just gotten him to the point where he understands that DS needs to be snugly strapped in so I want to encourage that by getting him something easy to handle. We had tried and liked the Britax roundabout and might get a marathon or blvd for my car, but where DS will only be riding in the truck about 10min each day from DC to home I don't want to spend $$$ for a really expensive seat.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Easy to use convertible carseat?

• Options
    We have a Boulevard in my vehicle and an Alpha Omega in DH's truck.  She rarely rides in DH's truck so we just wanted something cheaper.  I think we got the Alpha Omega for $90 at Walmart.  It does the trick but it's kind of a pain in the butt.  Oddly enough, DH finds the Alpha Omega easier to use that the Boulevard, and I much prefer the ease of use of the Boulevard.  Go figure!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We find the Evenflo Triumph Advance very easy to use.  The straps adjust really easy, IMO.  I believe you can RF until 40 lbs. We didn't pay more than $120. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejanecanadian:
    We have a Boulevard in my vehicle and an Alpha Omega in DH's truck.  She rarely rides in DH's truck so we just wanted something cheaper.  I think we got the Alpha Omega for $90 at Walmart.  It does the trick but it's kind of a pain in the butt.  Oddly enough, DH finds the Alpha Omega easier to use that the Boulevard, and I much prefer the ease of use of the Boulevard.  Go figure!

I recommend avoiding the Alpha Omega, especially for a tall lo. DD3 outgrew hers just before her 3rd birthday, it's one of the shortest seats on the market. It also takes up more room front to back, more than the Myride. You would have to take it off the base to gain some space, but the install on that seat without the base is tricky. If your dh gets frustrated easily, he won't like the seat.

As far as an easy seat, stick with the Roundabout, while not great height wise, it is easy to use.

ETA: The type of seat you use won't make a difference for the squirmy lo fighting the seat - that's normal for a 6 -12 month old, and sometimes older. That's just a parenting strategy that you'll have to work around, good luck! It will (eventually) get easier.

• Options

imageCrazyToast:
    We find the Evenflo Triumph Advance very easy to use.  The straps adjust really easy, IMO.  I believe you can RF until 40 lbs. We didn't pay more than $120. 

We also have this seat. The straps can slide up and down, without having to rethread them, as the child grows. And there's an easy knob to tighten/loosen the straps.

In our second car, we have a Cosco Scenera and I HATE it. It doesn't tighten easily at all and it hardly has any padding, so DS hates it on long drives. I'd like to trade it in and get another Evenflo. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've tried a bunch of seats.  My mom has the Triumph, my MIL had the MyRide but returned it because she hated it!  We have a Britax Boulevard and a Britax Roundabout.  The Britax seats are just far superior on so many levels, IMO.  I will never ever buy any other brand convertible seat.  I'd highly recommend a Britax seat!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I ended up getting 2 Safety 1st Guide 65 Sports, one for my car & one for DHs so we wouldn't have to go back & forth. It is very compact, padded, easy to install, adjusts easy, & is affordable.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-Guide-65-Sport-Convertible-Car-Seat-Athens/19514414

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    Thanks all - we got the marathon for my car today, going to give DH the snugride for the time being till we can check out these options with the truck! I'm thinking DH will go for the guide 65... I want something that can handle a messy farm truck! Lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"