Pre-School and Daycare

3 1/2 year old friends?

My LO has a couple of different types of friends (daycare/neighborhood/kids of parents I am friends with)... recently we have been doing playdates and she tells the other kids - after a short amt of time -

- "Im done with you"

- "I dont like you anymore"

etc.

Then she is done playing.  Ive tried to get on her level to explain that it is not nice, but she doesnt seem to get it.  She also yells/is bossy to her friends.  Any advice?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 3 1/2 year old friends?

• DD does this all the time w/ her friends (and they do too).

Its sort of the fallout of telling her that she doesn't have to play w/other kids if she doesn't want too.

If she doesn't want to play w/ someone, I don't force her too, but I do remind her to be polite and that if she's mean to people, they won't want to be her friend.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DD does this too, and so do the other kids in her class.  All I hear before and after preschool is "I'm not going to be Charlotte's friend today" and "Lily wasn't my friend today", etc.  She was playing at the park a few weeks ago with a little girl a little older than her, and DD didn't want to do the same thing the other little girl wanted to do.  So the other little girl walked off and said "Fine, then I'm not playing with you".  I'm guessing it's normal for this age.  I just constantly remind her that it's ok if she doesn't want to play with someone, but she needs to at least be polite to them.  Then I give her ideas of what she can tell them instead of "I'm not your friend!"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"