Philadelphia Babies

I am 43 and this is my first baby

Hi all,

I am writing in to say this is my  first baby at 43.   I am  16 weeks  pregnant and I wanted to  know if anyone else is also in their 40's  having a baby. 

STAY

Re: I am 43 and this is my first baby

• That's so awesome. congratulations.  I'm not expecting, but 42.  Just got married last month and now seriously forging ahead in trying to get pregnant. Nothing has happened in the last 8 months and now I'm in panic mode. Just online today trying to research, figure out which ovulation kit to buy, etc.  Trying to avoid IVF, but that may be wishful thinking.  Hope you don't mind me asking for any advice you might share. Had everything checked out and I seem fine.  Just sadly...I'm old!
  • When I first found out I was pregnant  I said omg  I am so  old  but as each week goes  by I  become  more excited and I forget about my age.   Your not to old  keep trying.  When you least expect it  it will happen.  Keep your head up and and if you  want to talk  I am here to help.
    STAY
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!  I turn 40 this year and we want to try for #3 next year. 
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • That's Awesome welcome to  40's group 
    STAY
  • Hi, I am new to the board and I am also expecting my first. I am 41 but will be 42 when I deliver.  I am 10 weeks pregnant through IVF.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I turn 40 when baby is born. I feel better this time around then when I was pregnant at age 24. Good luck!
  • Congrats Kelly,
    STAY
  • Ditto! Glad someone else is in the same boat. We are both so fortunate. I am 35 weeks. So far, so good. I was nervous for the 1st 12 weeks, convinced that I would miscarry due to my age. Never happened. Then, I was scared to death of the genetic testing results- again, were fine. When I went for the 20 week ultrasound, everything looked good. Now, I am a little over 4 weeks left and can't fathom how well it has gone, healthwise, for the baby.

As for me, been struggling with crippling fatigue, horrible heartburn since 2nd trimester, about 6-12 bathroom runs a night- but aside from my "issues," the baby remains healthy!

Have hope and know that it can be done and all work out well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"