Attachment Parenting
Options

When did you stop BWing?

My LO will be a year old in October. I'm looking at winter clothes for him and wondering if I should get him a nice coat. We only used his once or twice last winter, since he went from carseat to carrier. Do you think it'll be the same this year or will he want to walk?  I think I'll get him a snow suit for playing outside, but I'm not sure what we'll need for trips to the store and such. 

Re: When did you stop BWing?

• Options

Well DD is 3.5 years and I only stopped wearing her in February bc I'm PG and have SPD when PG. DH still wears her and she is already planning on me wearing her again once DS is born. 

However, I'm not an extremist either so she's always had stroller time and walking time. Thus she's always had winter gear. 

• Options

We still wear DS quite a bit. I especially did in the winter (he turned one in Jan), so much that I got a babywearing coat.  Why not go a compromise route and instead of shelling out for a nice coat, go for something 2nd hand. That way you spend minimal money and if he doesn't use it a ton it is NBD, and if he wears it lots--great!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, he needs a coat now because you'll probably take him to the park and on outings and such where he will want to walk at least some of the time (keep in mind that winter where I live is probably like fall where you live if you're looking at snowsuits - so we do outside stuff in the winter pretty often)

I don't think this means the end of BWing, it just means he's going to want to get out and run for a bit before you carry him again. Also, if he goes to daycare or out with grandparents who don't wear him, he'll need a coat then too.

The former jen5/03.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    We still BW at 27mo, but she's needed a good coat for at least as long as she's been walking.  Even if they haven't stopped BW'ing, they'll want to run around a lot on their own too.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Once DS started walking at 11 months, he did want to be more independent and wanted to be worn less.  We could still wear him when we were out, but as he started improving his walking skills more and more, he wanted to be worn less and less.  Just after his 2nd birthday he started refusing to be worn all together.  We even went to Disneyland without a stroller or carrier and he walked around all day with no complaints.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everybody!  That helps a lot. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"