November 2011 Moms

Controversial Topic #2

Animal experimentation..... how do you feel about it?

Re: Controversial Topic #2

• Completely against it. There is absolutely NO reason why an innocent creature has to be subjected to that sort of torture. With technology now, I'm surprised that animal testing is still happening. I'm sure there are ways to make pseudo-skin, pseudo-whatever to practice and experiment on. I don't understand why animals need to be subjected to it.
    imageimageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Certified Veterinary Technician / SAHM
  • I am for it for medical reasons.  There is still no way to see how certain drugs are going to work without doing some type of experimentation, we even do it on humans once it has passed all the other trials.  I am completely against experimentation for cosmetic reasons.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imagestargirljulie:
    Completely against it. There is absolutely NO reason why an innocent creature has to be subjected to that sort of torture. With technology now, I'm surprised that animal testing is still happening. I'm sure there are ways to make pseudo-skin, pseudo-whatever to practice and experiment on. I don't understand why animals need to be subjected to it.

100% agree. It's horrible.

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagesmwiggle:
    I am for it for medical reasons.  There is still no way to see how certain drugs are going to work without doing some type of experimentation, we even do it on humans once it has passed all the other trials.  I am completely against experimentation for cosmetic reasons.
    This is how I feel about it,
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKaeldrasmommy:
    imagesmwiggle:
    I am for it for medical reasons.  There is still no way to see how certain drugs are going to work without doing some type of experimentation, we even do it on humans once it has passed all the other trials.  I am completely against experimentation for cosmetic reasons.
    This is how I feel about it,

Me, too.

I'm okay with it for medical purposes to help people's lives. To make them look better? Not so much. 

• I honestly don't know too much about "animal rights" in experimentation but it seems to me like a lot of what goes on is immoral. At least in the medical community, as stated, there is a real need for the info and it's not just cosmetic.

It almost reminds me, in an obscure way, of how people argue that some methods of execution are "inhumane". Well.... doesn't matter how painful it is, in the end the person is going to die-- so how do you humanely kill someone? Doesn't matter if you "humanely" experiment, there is still a risk that the animal can die!

• imagesmwiggle:

This is me. I am only okay when it's done for healthy/medical reasons because it's cant really be done on any other way. But still, even that makes me very sad.  

• I'd much rather they experiment on animals than humans or not at all..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"